Why become a member? ×

Bass strings not in packaging

woodyratm

Hi folks,

I’ve received some strings that I ordered today, however they arrived with no packaging at all with the exception of the envelope. 

is this normal nowadays? I’ve never had strings arrive without saying what they were! 

I intended to keep them in my case, but it’s not likely to happen with them loose (unless I fire into another envelope!)

Just now, snorkie635 said:

Could it be that BD have a stock of 'singles' and therefore use these to make up 'custom' orders sans packaging? I'd call them to clarify.

I’ve fired them an email just before posting. Just seemed odd! 

Assuming you ordered a brand new set, I’d be sending them back regardless of who sent them. If it’s a “new” full set of strings, I want to see the proper packaging, as that’s what I paid for.

• Like 1

I had this from Bass Direct a few years ago - I bought a Hipshot Supertone bridge and it arrived as a kind of DIY assembly kit loose in a plastic bag.  Without all the bits.  One of the saddles was completely detatched.  

30 minutes ago, Rayman said:

Assuming you ordered a brand new set, I’d be sending them back regardless of who sent them. If it’s a “new” full set of strings, I want to see the proper packaging, as that’s what I paid for.

Yeah, me too, I’d expect them in sealed packaging 

3 hours ago, Paul S said:

I had this from Bass Direct a few years ago - I bought a Hipshot Supertone bridge and it arrived as a kind of DIY assembly kit loose in a plastic bag.  Without all the bits.  One of the saddles was completely detatched.  

Again, send it straight back. That’s not good enough from a reputable business.

I had ordered the same ones a wee while back. I genuinely thought that I’d lost them, but now I suspect they arrived the same and I’ve chucked them with old strings. New strings are all together (in packaging!). 

3 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Maybe they're saving on the amount of packaging waste?

I wasn't joking!

😝

Seriously, my Ernie Ball strings come in a foil pack and then a paper envelope per string. That paper is redundant.

Edited by uk_lefty
  • Haha 1

I think that Mark has hired some new staff who may not be up to speed with what is expected of them. 

Even so, we have standards that we expect from BD - if you have any concerns regarding the strings rebag them and send them back. 

A quick reminder that customers have expectations to live up to will hopefully encourage them to up their game.

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 2

Slight thread derailment, but when ordering online do Bass Direct send you a confirmation email?

I ordered a pickup from them outside of office hours last night and got a PayPal receipt, but haven't had anything from Bass Direct themselves yet.

Hoping to see a shipment confirmation email or something later on today, but they've been open a couple of hours and haven't had anything yet.

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

Slight thread derailment, but when ordering online do Bass Direct send you a confirmation email?

I ordered a pickup from them outside of office hours last night and got a PayPal receipt, but haven't had anything from Bass Direct themselves yet.

Hoping to see a shipment confirmation email or something later on today, but they've been open a couple of hours and haven't had anything yet.

Not always. I usually telephone them to check all is as it should be.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Graham said:

I always have - but it's not automated, so often it's in the afternoon on the day after I've ordered.

• Thanks 1

So......called BD about 15:00, turns out the pickup is not actually in stock so they've refunded.

Won't order from them without calling and checking first in future, which doesn't really meet expectations for a web retailer in 2023

• Thanks 1