Why become a member? ×

Less rubbish than his usual stuff...and some good news

I don't think he's grasped the concept of scale length. He would appear to have put (probably) a 34" scale neck onto a body which would need the bridge moved in order to put it in the right place, but not moved the bridge. If it was a fretted neck, it would have been impossible to intonate it. As it is, the markers won't line up.

The odd scale length, saddles backed right up as far as they can go and the need for washers on the E string are issues he's given the bass by not putting the bridge in the correct place. Good to see the mismatched control knobs making an appearance again though.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by lemmywinks

50 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Have a look at his other items especially the other "fretless bass"  

Does he ever actually sell these to anyone? 

don't know about fretless basses but it would seem he sells other guitars and still got 100% feedback,  the only people who buy must have no experience and don't know what they've bought

8 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Have a look at his other items especially the other "fretless bass"  

Does he ever actually sell these to anyone? 

He's got feedback for 7 sold instruments in the last year. When it was mainly overpriced old pawn shop tat with sales spiel and the 7 string conversions he used to sell a bit more, ow he's branched out into wacky modifications with biro logos etc it seems to have slowed up. Last time I looked it was around one a month I think.

Maybe there's a finite number of people who are going to fall for the car saleaman vibe and they already own one of his creations, maybe people are just more careful with their money now to the point where an Encore body with a Crafter neck bolted on and nothing in the correct place doesn't seem like a worthwhile purchase.

47 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Nice "fanned" machine heads idea.. 😂

Worse still he mentions getting them like that was fiddly because the tuners he used have locating pins, so he's either filed those off of mangled the headstock in some way to accomodate them. Still might be a good puchase if you need a replacement neck on the cheap.

Weird how he prices completely worthless tat up at £350+ yet the one thing with some value in it is pretty cheap, I think he prices things up based on the amount of time he's had to spend on them and not what they're actually worth.

• Like 1

This one has almost the full range of improvements. Neck not positioned properly in the pocket, bridge dangling off the end, vicious assault on the nut, mismatched knobs. I've never met one of those Mazetis with the odd-shaped headstock in the flash so I don't know if he's reordered the tuners, but he's obviously swivelled at least one round.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tauzero said:

This one has almost the full range of improvements. Neck not positioned properly in the pocket, bridge dangling off the end, vicious assault on the nut, mismatched knobs. I've never met one of those Mazetis with the odd-shaped headstock in the flash so I don't know if he's reordered the tuners, but he's obviously swivelled at least one round.

Wouldn't be an MDP bass if he didn't wonk the tuners! The arrangement appears to be standard for these strange headstocks and I'd be surprised if it didn't provide inspiration for future MDP customs.

Shame he got hold of this neck & destroyed it - always liked the laminated fretboards on these & quite like the idea of building a headless around one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Wouldn't be an MDP bass if he didn't wonk the tuners! The arrangement appears to be standard for these strange headstocks and I'd be surprised if it didn't provide inspiration for future MDP customs.

Shame he got hold of this neck & destroyed it - always liked the laminated fretboards on these & quite like the idea of building a headless around one.

I don't think he's destroyed it, just written on it and wonked the tuners. Petty vandalism rather than destruction. I'm assuming he hasn't shortened it at the body end, of course.

49 minutes ago, tauzero said:

I don't think he's destroyed it, just written on it and wonked the tuners. Petty vandalism rather than destruction. I'm assuming he hasn't shortened it at the body end, of course.

In fairness, the pliers & polyfilla defret job may pre-date his ownership of the neck - one shouldn't jump to conclusions! Reversible I suppose, but definitely above my skill level. Looks as though the finish has been either removed or sanded back too, the ones I've seen before had gloss lacquer.

4 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

In fairness, the pliers & polyfilla defret job may pre-date his ownership of the neck - one shouldn't jump to conclusions! Reversible I suppose, but definitely above my skill level. Looks as though the finish has been either removed or sanded back too, the ones I've seen before had gloss lacquer.

I think it had a bad defret when it was originally listed on eBay prior to being MDP'd.

EDIT assume you're talking about the Mazeti, dunno about the other one.

Edited by lemmywinks

38 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

"the scale is 32.5 inches on the G string and 33 inches on the bass string." 

Thought they were all bass strings or am I missing some unique modification? Moi pedantic?

You have to pay extra for more than one bass string.

I do like that he's redefined multiscale so that every bass in the world is.