Why become a member? ×

Musician's Guide to Eurovision

Happy Jack

2 hours ago, nilorius said:

In my country Latvia - to get further at Eurovisio it is no chance for rock, metal, jazz, latin. Only perfectly balanced pop, soul or disco with superbably writen words that slime together in each part. No other way, believe me i have tried a lot.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on the good times
Blame it on the bogie

Maybe try to write down something associated with cats, i guess you could do better.

The rules say the lead vocal must be live and that there can be no more than six performers on stage. However it’s a competition, there is 60 seconds set up time between acts so the less you have that could go wrong the better. That means keep the live stuff to the minimum. THB it’s better now then when everyone had to use the Eurovision orchestra regardless of the recorded arrangement of the song.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

The rules say the lead vocal must be live and that there can be no more than six performers on stage. However it’s a competition, there is 60 seconds set up time between acts so the less you have that could go wrong the better. That means keep the live stuff to the minimum. THB it’s better now then when everyone had to use the Eurovision orchestra regardless of the recorded arrangement of the song.

It doesn't always go right though - sometimes the performers can't hear the backing, with predictable results.

On 08/05/2023 at 15:33, Bassassin said:

Eurovision goth metal, anyone? Germany's entry:

Lord Of The Lost actually covered Voyager's Promise. :D That seems to be a thing this year, the artists doing covers of the other artists!

• Like 1

On 08/05/2023 at 20:33, Bassassin said:

Eurovision goth metal, anyone? Germany's entry:

I once stayed in their singer’s apartment for a week whilst doing some shows in Germany with his old band. I would very much like them to win!

7 hours ago, Russ said:

Lord Of The Lost actually covered Voyager's Promise. :D That seems to be a thing this year, the artists doing covers of the other artists!

I believe this is a thing they’ve been asked to do - cover another (past or present) Eurovision artist.

The UK entry covered Abba’s SOS.

10 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

So the singer from Aha has hooked up with EuroRammstein?

To be honest, I have had no interest in this thread but, while scrolling down the thread list, I saw your description and had to have a look. I’m really glad I did, too! That was great!

• Like 1