Why become a member? ×

Squier Rascal bass anyone?

Marvin

15 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Ohhh, have you seen that Shell Pink one anywhere online? Can't seem to find it on the Squier site or any other retailers. 

I'm also very taken with the pink one, although at the moment I acn't find anyone offering them either 

I suspect it may be a limited dealer edition, like the purple metallic Squier Bass VIs that were exclusive to Andertons in the UK recently and I'm fairly sure also to a single chain in the US.

Really hoping that they will be available sonewhere in the UK.

Edited by Cato

29 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Ohhh, have you seen that Shell Pink one anywhere online? Can't seem to find it on the Squier site or any other retailers. 

GAK have the Sherwood green one for £380 and that's mighty tempting!

A guy I follow on Instagram posted that they were showing briefly on the Fender website, but weren't available anywhere and were taken down. Possibly a CME/Anderton's exclusive like the some of the Bass VI models were. I wouldn't get it myself; the "Shell Pink" used by Fender nowadays isn't pastel enough to be Shell Pink IMO

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 20:39, Jono Bolton said:

A guy I follow on Instagram posted that they were showing briefly on the Fender website, but weren't available anywhere and were taken down. Possibly a CME/Anderton's exclusive like the some of the Bass VI models were. I wouldn't get it myself; the "Shell Pink" used by Fender nowadays isn't pastel enough to be Shell Pink IMO

I hope it gets released somewhere, it'll go nicely with the Shell Pink limelight I have on order! I know what you mean about the shading though, I've seen a custom shop road worn J that is just perfect, but the Flea J is too mild and some of the other models are a little too vibrant.

Lobster has just posted a quick unboxing......

Have to say that it's not helping with the GAS and that green looks great too. Sounds like Squier are on to a winner with this one.

Edited by Jonesy
  • Like 3

Damn! :heart:

I've wanted one since I first saw it back when it was leaked, this particular metallic green version too, but this video just confirmed to me that I absolutely need to get it.

That much for trying to convince myself that I didn't.

In general I am not too fond of Lobster's taste in tones, however he dial in his amp, but the bridge pickup soloed in this video actually sounded pretty darn great, regardless.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

On 08/06/2023 at 18:40, msb said:

The bridge is set considerably in from the edge so it won’t really feel like a short scale.

It looks like a winner.

It will not in terms of reach till lower end of the fretboard (longer reach) and space/room for fretting at the upper end (more space/easier access), but in every other aspect it very much will feel like a short scale, that is in terms of shorter reach between notes/frets and narrower neck/narrower string spacing, which actually is ideal for me (lower string tension, but relatively (to gauge and tension) stiffer strings as you move up the board, as well).

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Thanks 1

I like little short scales where the bridge is close to the body edge , but have several that are quite set in. They don’t have the same short feel , despite still being short scale basses.

IMG_6452.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I’ll add my own ‘ooh’ to those already expressed here. If the pickups are like the one in the MIM Mustang that I had, they may be all ‘whumpf’. Mine was greatly improved by reconnecting it as parallel coils instead of series.

EDIT: ‘Expected in stock December 2023’? Screw that, something shinier will have come along way before that!

Edited by JapanAxe

22 hours ago, Jono Bolton said:

The Creamery also does proper Wide Range Humbuckers if you fancied and upgrade:

https://www.creamery-pickups.co.uk/classic-75-starcaster-bass-tele-wide-range-bass-humbucker-set.html

Really interested in this idea, thanks. Have you got/ heard these pickups? I'd like to know a bit more about how they sound. 

I’m very keen to play one and see how it feels but if it’s comfy, hangs well on the strap and the scale feels good (looks like a regular scale but with the bridge closer into the centre of the body rather than towards the edge of the body) I’ll have one. The lobster unboxing showed off some sounds and I like them… even the bridge sound. My instinct was to think about Creamery  Bisonic or DarkStar type swaps but I think I like it from that demo as is. 

GuitarGuitar say October due date but if Andertons get some sooner that could be the ticket. 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, daveybass said:

Mine is on it's way following a set up with Peach Guitars, should have it Monday or Tuesday - went for the green one

Sweet didn’t realise shops were getting them this early. I think what’s got my interest is that if the bridge was back in the 34” scale length position the bridge pick up would be in that p bass sweet spot or near enough to it and I think that’s what I liked about the demo I watched. Sounded great for the bridge position which isn’t normally my favourite sound on a j style set up. 

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

2 minutes ago, krispn said:

Sweet didn’t realise shops were getting them this early. I think what’s got my interest is that if the bridge was back in the 34” scale length position the bridge pick up would be in that p bass sweet spot or near enough to it and I think that’s what I liked about the demo I watched. Sounded great for the bridge position which isn’t normally my favourite sound on a j style set up. 

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Will get them up as soon as I can, the demo definitely sold it for me

Yeah I think it sounds class. I didn’t see any on the peach site. I’d be tempted to just nab - as I posted earlier GuitarGuitar said October for their stock and I’m just reluctant to buy without trying as the last bass I did this with was a great bass but just not a good fit for me. 

Edited by krispn

1 hour ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

Just ordered a green one, should be here on Tuesday! I just looked and listened at some demo video's and couldn't resist any longer.

The color looks sooooo nice in the video's, better than in the stock pictures.

Where did you find one?