Why become a member? ×

Squier Rascal bass anyone?

Marvin

• 3 months later...
On 22/07/2023 at 14:06, Dazed said:

Anyone know the bridge spacing on these yet?

Apologies if it’s been posted and I’ve missed it. 

On 06/11/2023 at 11:15, Baloney Balderdash said:

I assume 17mm, as it seems to have a Mustang Bass bridge (which is 17mm string spacing), and the body is a Bass VI one, which would suggest a more narrow, guitar wide, neck heel/pocket, rather than a standard bass one. 

Mind though that I do not know this for a fact, but it does seem very plausible to me.

As I happened to actually for once have the money to spare to buy this, judging from all I read and watched/listened to featuring it, incredible bass, I am strongly considering taking the plunge while I can (as this bass is likely to only be offered for some kind of limited time period), and I really love how the green one looks as well.

So could someone who owns the bass be kind and measure the string spacing at the bridge for me, pretty please?

I assume it would be 17mm, since it has a Mustang styled bridge, and that is the string spacing of the Mustang basses, but can't seem to find that piece of information anywhere on the internet, despite really trying.

For me I would love the slightly more narrow string spacing of 17mm, versus the standard 19mm (yes it is only 2 mm, but multiply that by 3 and it actually makes a bit of a difference in feel. Think of how much difference a 38mm nut feels to a 42mm nut for instance), but that said it is in no possible way a deal breaker, and won't affect whether I eventually chose to buy it or not, just would be really nice to know.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash