Why become a member? ×

Packaging

Rayman

So under all that bubble wrap, there is Reverend Justice bass. There’s no case, no cardboard, just a bass, wrapped in insane amounts of bubble wrap. I don’t think, having had countless basses mailed to me over the years, that I’ve ever seen that before? To be fair, it was all good underneath, once I actually found the bass.

692DCA32-BA6E-4F98-80F3-EF1B2D7CB140.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I once had a bass sent to me literally just loose in a builders clear plastic sheet sellotaped up.. You could see right thru it and see exactly what it was, a single layer of plastic, that's it.. it had no actual protection at all, they may as well have just tied an address label round its neck and sent it like that. 

I had a bit of a laugh with the postie who delivered it, he couldn't believe it either. 

Incredibly it was undamaged, and was absolutely fine.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I traded a bass with a well known bassist which arrived in a binbag and various old clothing items as protection. 

I was not well pleased...their attitude was "well it got there, didn't it".

Name and shame

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I once had a bass sent to me literally just loose in a builders clear plastic sheet sellotaped up.. You could see right thru it and see exactly what it was, a single layer of plastic, that's it.. it had no actual protection at all, they may as well have just tied an address label round its neck and sent it like that. 

I had a bit of a laugh with the postie who delivered it, he couldn't believe it either. 

Incredibly it was undamaged, and was absolutely fine.. 

Reverse psychology job done on postal service! No excuse for not treating fragile item as fragile. That's some tough plastic that builders' stuff, ideal for preventing any scratching.

• Like 2

Not as bad as some of these horror stories but I bought a preowned Fender Telecaster and it arrived wrapped in an skimpy old horse blanket inside a bin bag with some gaffa tape holding it on. At first I thought “Noooooooo” but then remembered... it was a Telecaster. They’re basically just a lump of wood with a neck bolted on so it was fine. Still use the blanket too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

Reverse psychology job done on postal service! No excuse for not treating fragile item as fragile. That's some tough plastic that builders' stuff, ideal for preventing any scratching.

It was a rather "relic" bass tbh, and any new scratches would've gone entirely unnoticed, I was more relieved they hadn't snapped the neck of or something.. More luck than judgement I suspect! 

I've ben pretty disappointed at the crap packing I've received stuff in recently. I know that photo in the O/P looks a bit rubbish, but multiple layers of bubblewrap, despite being a PITA to unravel sometimes, are probably the safest way of moving gear around via couriers, only caveat being if it has cables, careful with the scissors, I very nearly cut through a mains cable that the seller had wrapped rather interestingly :)  

• Like 1