Why become a member? ×

NAD: Trace Elliot GP7 7215

Elfrasho

You've probably seen this kicking about the classifieds for a wee while for not alot of money. Over the weekend I decided just to take a punt on it.

Got it delivered today. First impression is that its HEAVY. I don't think I've ever owned a combo this heavy. 

But.. it sounds tremendous. Had it in a rehearsal this evening with 2 guitarists playing rock covers and it more than easily handled it. Clear, defined, punchy but has incredible bottom end available with just a tweak of the EQ. 

The size and weight will probably mean this will only get whipped out when it's really necessary.. but for just over 100 quid, I highly doubt you could get a better giggable amp.

Very happy with It.. so much so I'm tempted to hunt down a matching  extension cab to get that wall of TE.. for this special occasions.

20230328_165955.jpg

• Like 9

Looks even cleaner than advertised. Score.

Mind out you don't break it playing with two guitarists. It will get louder up to about 4, so long as you don't have too much low end in the EQ. Low EQ sliders are there for cutting not boosting.

If you RTFM it should say something along those lines, much like my later model.

Adding another cab will give you a fright if you jump right in at 4.

Congratulations. :i-m_so_happy:

I miss my 1x 15" Trace Elliot GP7SM 130 W combo, that easily could compete with a loud rock band I played in at the time.

Best I've ever sounded (I liked it back when I played though the Ampeg B-15S that I was stupid enough to sell at some point as well, much to my later regret, but a quite different beast, and honestly I personally still prefer the Trace tone).

I think I might need to pick up a used Trace Elliot head soon.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

On 28/03/2023 at 23:17, Elfrasho said:

You've probably seen this kicking about the classifieds for a wee while for not alot of money. Over the weekend I decided just to take a punt on it.

Got it delivered today. First impression is that its HEAVY. I don't think I've ever owned a combo this heavy. 

But.. it sounds tremendous. Had it in a rehearsal this evening with 2 guitarists playing rock covers and it more than easily handled it. Clear, defined, punchy but has incredible bottom end available with just a tweak of the EQ. 

The size and weight will probably mean this will only get whipped out when it's really necessary.. but for just over 100 quid, I highly doubt you could get a better giggable amp.

Very happy with It.. so much so I'm tempted to hunt down a matching  extension cab to get that wall of TE.. for this special occasions.

20230328_165955.jpg

I used these for years, I started with the 130W and then had a 150W. Loved them, eventually moved to MarkBass only because the Osmium/Iridium construction was destroying the suspension in my Pickup truck....

• Haha 1

I have a friend who has a similar amp with the extension cab who may want to sell. Not sure if it’s the same model but man alive is it loud. 

EDIT - found a pic - if anyone is interested I’ll ask about it. He’s not an internet regular I don’t think. 
He really looks after stuff and it’s pretty much in brand new condition. 

545A9548-33CA-4B66-9E7A-ECF56F810BBD.jpeg

51CD6A53-71AD-4578-B383-1D73F4197F25.jpeg

Edited by Minininjarob

4 minutes ago, Elfrasho said:

Buy that off your mate. That's an upgrade to your gk combo

I really can’t use it, it’s too heavy for me where I need to use it. I have to store mine in a bedroom and move it between rooms in the house when I use it. I did borrow it for a few weeks but it just wasn’t practical. It’s a shame really. If I had a room downstairs to store/use it and only move it for a gig or something I’d have it. 

Not quite the same, but still a Series 6 model. 
By chance I clicked on Facebook Marketplace early this morning , and this popped up for £120 - saying in the next town. Clicked on the ad, and it was in my village, about 30 houses down from me. 
Messaged there and then, and bought it when I got home. 
Last Trace gear I had was a Series 6 AH300 over 20 years ago. Wanted a Series 6 combo for rehearsals. 

Just the job

562C38AF-2AE7-4DE3-8DD0-6F8088E61808.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, E sharp said:

Not quite the same, but still a Series 6 model. 
By chance I clicked on Facebook Marketplace early this morning , and this popped up for £120 - saying in the next town. Clicked on the ad, and it was in my village, about 30 houses down from me. 
Messaged there and then, and bought it when I got home. 
Last Trace gear I had was a Series 6 AH300 over 20 years ago. Wanted a Series 6 combo for rehearsals. 

Just the job

562C38AF-2AE7-4DE3-8DD0-6F8088E61808.jpeg

That looks immaculate! 

I don't know the TE model history.. completely oblivious to TE up until i got this one. might need to do a bit of research as they're seems to be alot of variations out there! I've no clue as to whether mines or yours were low, mid or high range when new, or even the eras they were made!