Why become a member? ×

Fender (or any manufacturer) alternative model naming

oldslapper

The Fender No Case Worn.

Fender states that this line is a "great opportunity" for each player to make their instrument, that they've just paid through the teeth for, "their own". 

Forever blowing industry leading smoke up their loyal customer's behinds, Fender state that this line enables players to insert their very souls into the instrument due to the new time-cheating Mojo Accelerator(TM) technology, and is in no way a penny pinching ruse whatsoever. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

As there is Fender Road Worn, pedestrians should have the option of a Fender Path Worn (or Fender Sidewalk Worn in the USA).

No one walks in the States, is that something similar to (water) closet classics?

3 minutes ago, itu said:

No one walks in the States, is that something similar to (water) closet classics?

You're thinking of the new Fender Waterboard. Made in the States, tho no-one knows where, and gets to the truth. Although it may be just what you "want" to hear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StickyDBRmf said:

You're thinking of the new Fender Waterboard. Made in the States, tho no-one knows where, and gets to the truth. Although it may be just what you "want" to hear.

Ah yes, in their new Guantanamo Bay Orange finish, of course. 

• Like 2

If we're doing other brands.....

The Gibson Helen Keller:

'The name reflects the tone and finish quality of this aspirational instrument'. 

The Epiphone Vinegar Stroke:

So close, but needs finishing off. 

The PRS Starmer (left handed) and Truss (right handed). 

Well finished but lacking any perceptible personality. 

Edited by Rusty Spanner
  • Like 1

How about the Fender _______________?

This was after Halfords successfully made a claim on the words "caster", after a successful lawsuit where they thought about prominently promoting the feature that their larger toolboxes were on casters, to allow them to be moved around a workshop. Halfords were all ready to change the name of their premium line of toolboxes, but at the 11th hour decided not to go ahead, so never actually used it in public. It had been copyrighted though. Of course, with the historical "NoCaster" in the line up, Fender were then obligated to alter historical records and called it the "No No", but they were sued AGAIN by Dawn Penn, who of course sang "You Don't Love Me, No No No". The irony being, this was actually a cover they did.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beedster said:

The Fender Pretender 70's RI Series

Specially designed by the Fender Custom Shop to fool people into thinking that you've bought a faker - that's almost good enough to pass as a 70's original but isn't - when in fact it is a REAL FENDER CUSTOM SHOP BASS!!!! Imagine the fun you'll have when your smug muso friends beach behind your back about how little you know about vintage basses, only for you to whip out the Fender Pretender Certificate of Inauthenticity, detailing the list of features that any muso worth their salt knows, simply never came out of Corona in the 70's

Special features include

• Total weight of bass less than 12lbs
  • Neck pocket same size as the neck heel
  • Strings pass over the pole pieces 
  • Bass is playable

Which should of course should correctly called the Fender Pretender 70's Preissue Series :) 

6 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Any real bassist could metal that if required.

Funniest surprise I ever got was our guitard plugging his acoustic into his rage pedal and having at it. Pointy guitar redundant!

We used to have a Uke player did the same, novelty wore off quite quickly however :( 

On 28/03/2023 at 09:47, oldslapper said:

Doesn’t have to be exclusively Fender, but I can’t help but roll my eyes at their model naming. 
It always suggests to me that there is an alternative series.

Professional Series: Amateur Series?

Player Series: Just Looking Series?

Black top: White behind? 

I guess there’s only so many times you can rebrand a P bass? 🙄

Horseshoe Brand. Cattle brand, soldering iron budget  brand. Irons in the fire brand

Next

4 hours ago, Beedster said:

Breaking news

Corona, CA: Fender Musical Instrument Corporation announce a radical departure; a Precision Bass with an existing part of it's extremity removed

image.png.95927b725cf82a289fb7f72b78507f02.png

Yes, it's the Fender Circumcision Bass

I actually like that bass 👍

Edited by Waddo Soqable
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Beedster said:

Breaking news

Corona, CA: Fender Musical Instrument Corporation announce a radical departure; a Precision Bass with an existing part of it's extremity removed

image.png.95927b725cf82a289fb7f72b78507f02.png

Yes, it's the Fender Circumcision Bass

I really like that. Any chance of more details about it?

19 minutes ago, Ralf1e said:

I really like that. Any chance of more details about it?

It says Cort on a rubbed logo on the body, I'm sure I vaguely remember a couple of companies did headless p basses, prob worth looking on 'tinternet for headless P bass, I bet some info will emerge.. I likes a headless bass me.. A headless Stingray would be cool.. 

• Thanks 1