Why become a member? ×

Double Necks

Waddo Soqable

10 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

Jonas Reingold plays a 4 string bass and 12 string guitar double neck in what is my favourite version of the Genesis song "Firth of Fifth"

He doesn't use both necks in this tune but does elsewhere

He's doing a bit of 12-string in the instrumental, around 7m30s. However he skips the 12-string part in the earlier section "the mountain cuts off ... (etc)"

Hackett's had his fair share of double-neckers, best of the bunch is Lee Pomeroy though.

I bought this just over 10 years ago, took it to one gig and didn't bother playing it as it was too much hassle

It was a nicely made instrument, a bit heavy but I was younger and could handle it.

It's Dean of some description

001.JPG

Edited by police squad
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 20/03/2023 at 12:14, toneknob said:

Jonas Hellborg with Wal fretted/fretless

I bumped into Jonas in a lift in Olympia on his way to a demo with that beast round his neck, I believe it was for electronic drums and he'd just turned up to play with his mate...

Honestly didn't recognise him at first as I was ogling the bass..!

I did have a doubleneck 6/12 SG in the only possible colour, red, either CMI or CSL (it's a long time ago). Played it at one or two gigs where I mainly played bass but did the odd bit of guitar, but eventually sold it. No pictures, it was all before digital cameras and the interwebs.

1 hour ago, WinterMute said:

I bumped into Jonas in a lift in Olympia on his way to a demo with that beast round his neck, I believe it was for electronic drums and he'd just turned up to play with his mate...

Honestly didn't recognise him at first as I was ogling the bass..!

"with" . He doesn't play the fretless in this video.