Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2023

scrumpymike

2 hours ago, neepheid said:

Good news, the Epi Explorer can come... just.

Aww, grand. I don't like pointy basses as a rule, but there's something about the Explorer shape that I really like. I wish I'd bought an Aria ZZB back when they were dirt cheap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aww, grand. I don't like pointy basses as a rule, but there's something about the Explorer shape that I really like. I wish I'd bought an Aria ZZB back when they were dirt cheap.

I'm bringing something you may find interesting too 😉

• Like 1

Is it silly that I'm getting really excited the closer the BFSWBB gets? Seeing some familiar faces, meeting some new ones, the fantastic looking kit list (and this year I feel like I've finally got something worth showing too!). I feel like a kid in the run-up to Xmas. :D  

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is it silly that I'm getting really excited the closer the BFSWBB gets? Seeing some familiar faces, meeting some new ones, the fantastic looking kit list (and this year I feel like I've finally got something worth showing too!). I feel like a kid in the run-up to Xmas. :D  

It's not silly at all - test fitting the Explorer in the front seat was as much preparation for the upcoming road trip as it was the general practicality of getting the damn thing to rehearsals/gigs!

5 minutes ago, neepheid said:

It's not silly at all - test fitting the Explorer in the front seat was as much preparation for the upcoming road trip as it was the general practicality of getting the damn thing to rehearsals/gigs!

...i hope that Explorer has agreed to share driving duties?

4 hours ago, Rich said:

I do although there is a tinge of sadness with the lack of some familiar faces. Still, its going to be good to catch up again

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, therasonic450 said:

Have been holding on about replying as I'm due hospital visit fairly soon. Just been given 4th October & probably won't be out before then. Oh well, new hip has to take precedence. Hope you all have a great day & maybe I'll get there next year.

Agreed, new hip definitely takes precedence - albeit only just 😉. Best wishes for the op.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, therasonic450 said:

Have been holding on about replying as I'm due hospital visit fairly soon. Just been given 4th October & probably won't be out before then. Oh well, new hip has to take precedence. Hope you all have a great day & maybe I'll get there next year.

15 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Agreed, new hip definitely takes precedence - albeit only just 😉. Best wishes for the op.

Seconded. Here's to a speedy recovery. :drinks:

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

On 11/09/2023 at 21:18, neepheid said:

Just thinking aloud, but will anyone be in/around Taunton the night before the bash, and if so, fancy a pre-bash pint somewhere?*

* assuming I haven't fallen into my hotel room and fallen asleep immediately

We'll coordinate an evening out for anybody who's doing an over-nighter in Taunton - just let me know on here so we know the numbers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kateplaysbass said:

Not sure whether I'm in the 14 or not - I'm happy to pay upfront. 

Depends if you paid or not!

What might not be clear in any of the previous posts to people who have not been to a bash before is that you can either pay on the door or you can send a message to @scrumpymike and ask for his paypal address and then send £13 to it by friends and family, in which case it is paid and you are then on the list, where you will be allowed through the security cordon as an express VIP *

Failing that, just send a message saying you are definately turning up and will pay at the door.

* some of that might be overhyped

• Like 1