Why become a member? ×

Jaydee on E-Bay

2x18

Hmm interesting - I’ve owned one Jaydee the shape looks fine but headstock and tuner placement looks odd to me. Is it a copy? Hand painted body or sprayed? Pickup is not the usual wooden laminate cover. Could be a nice project if it’s real but there are usually serial numbers or stamps on the back of the headstock that I can’t see on these pics - but I am viewing on a phone screen. 

18 minutes ago, ash said:

Hmm interesting - I’ve owned one Jaydee the shape looks fine but headstock and tuner placement looks odd to me. Is it a copy? Hand painted body or sprayed? Pickup is not the usual wooden laminate cover. Could be a nice project if it’s real but there are usually serial numbers or stamps on the back of the headstock that I can’t see on these pics - but I am viewing on a phone screen. 

There is a serial number - could be 05397? Which would make it very early 80's I think. Bridge looks right, could be a much abused Jaydee Roadie.

• Thanks 1

Looks real enough to me. Early model used and abused!! Let's see what it goes for!! I suppose someone will buy it and do it up! A few years ago I bought a Wilkes bass from E bay. Some of you might remember they looked very very similar to Jaydee guitars of that era. I got it for £25 on a buy now! That's when real bargains came up every day! It was a horrible matt black but in good nick otherwise! Filthy and dusty......but she's good with the kids!!....lol. Anyway I stripped the body of all paint and it turned out to be a really nice mahogany under the paint!  Can't remember what the pickup was...might have been Dimarzio or something like that! I used it about the house but can't remember gigging it. It wasn't really my thing! It got punted back on e bay and I think it went for something like £250. Ah...the good old days!!!

• Like 1

Looks really early. I would guess that it's been painted at some point in it's life - Jon would never have let a bass with that amount of orange peel in the finish leave the factory.

Now we're all watching it I think that we can expect the price to soar.