Why become a member? ×

Oh Lordy

Munurmunuh

I have happily done one in, one out for the most part last year but now it gets tricky. I could do that for upgrades, as you did. Sell a P for a "better" P. But say I wanted a J, which I don't have, am I ready to sell for example one of my Ps for that? They have flats, rounds, tapes so I would argue they are completely different basses, not interchangeable. Maybe I could let one with tapes go?

That would be an excruciating decision to make!

I did one in one out for a while just as a self imposed rule........I ended up regretting a sale though so now it's one in then, maybe 6 months later once I'm fully on board with the new bass, it's potentially one out if I need it. I've also decided to put my basses on wall hangers as that sets a limit on how many I can have 😁

• Like 2

I bought a Mike Lull Jazz bass that was the best bass I'd played. A few weeks later I bought a Sadowsky Jazz and sold the Lull. One in one out. Now the Sadowsky is too heavy for me to gig and the Lull would have been perfect at just over 8lbs. Ho Hum! 

Edited by chris_b

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

I did one in one out for a while just as a self imposed rule........I ended up regretting a sale though so now it's one in then, maybe 6 months later once I'm fully on board with the new bass, it's potentially one out if I need it. I've also decided to put my basses on wall hangers as that sets a limit on how many I can have 😁

You can always add floor stands later ;) .

2 hours ago, Sibob said:

Inferior by whose standard?

Si

1 hour ago, ped said:

The LB100 doesn’t come with the MFD I don’t think

15 minutes ago, neepheid said:

It's not an MFD in the LB-100 - it's G&L's take on the common or garden P pickup. FWIW I like G&L's alnico V P pickup, but it's no MFD.

Don't worry, it's just my stalker trolling my thread

• Haha 1

On 24/01/2023 at 13:46, Jonesy said:

I've taken to putting some of my basses on wall hangers as it keeps them out of cat range. Currently I have three unused wall hangers to put up. Just trying to make sure where I want them before I get out the drill.

Already checked for buried cables.

Between having crap, almost hollow walls, and the chance of hitting a cable or a pipe, wall hangers are off the menu for me.

Back on topic, I'd have to do a "one out, one in job". The trouble is I can never make my mind up which one I want out  :facepalm: