Why become a member? ×

Thomann

knicknack

Hey guys!

Just wondering what all your experiences were buying from Thomann? I never have before today, and found their service pretty good! However, their methods of payment totally threw me... a German account number i needed to transfer to that wouldn't register with my bank, then they wouldn't accept my card, meaning i couldn't pay in any way for my purchase!

Anyone else had these problems?

Paddy

I bought the item in question, gave them card details, email back the next day saying they couldn't take my card, try again!
So I ordered again, this time using their bank transfer option... but their details were not recognised by my bank!

It's a shame, cause i like their service, but it would seem that i can't use them! Can't seem to get this anywhere else either:(

[quote name='knicknack' post='468914' date='Apr 21 2009, 06:44 PM']Hey guys!

Just wondering what all your experiences were buying from Thomann? I never have before today, and found their service pretty good! However, their methods of payment totally threw me... a German account number i needed to transfer to that wouldn't register with my bank, then they wouldn't accept my card, meaning i couldn't pay in any way for my purchase!

Paddy[/quote]

Bought quite a bit from them and always found them top notch. Only issue now of course is the euro/ ££ for pricing. In terms of service, first class. On the few times I've had to mail or call them, always had a quick response and their English is a lot better than my German :) .

Don't understand your card issues. Their system has always accepted mine and been pretty idiot proof. Why don't you phone them up and find out what the problem is???

I would recommend them..........

Edited by High score

I ordered from them using a bank transfer (not online, cost me over a tenner but still cheaper than buying over here at the time) and got a fuss free service. Arrived very quickly and the bass played great straight out of the box. The only problem was Nat West messing it up at my end!

Read a recent thread that said a bank refused a transaction cos it seemed out of character for the account holder, maybe ask your bank why the payment didn't go through?

They don't accept payment by Switch/Maestro – which may be why your card didn't work. I was in a similar situation a while back, and RBS wanted £15 to do a bank transfer (they charge you if you go in to a branch to make a transfer and you can't do transfers out of the UK online or by phone – bloody swindle if you ask me). Luckily I have a Visa debit card on an old account, so transferred some money in to that and used that instead. The folk at Thomann were brilliant about it, they phoned me the day after I'd placed my order to tell me that they couldn't take the payment and were quick at responding to e-mails when I decided to use a different card instead of the bank transfer. Shame the £/€ rate has made things more expensive, because I've always been impressed with the service.

[quote name='knicknack' post='468914' date='Apr 21 2009, 06:44 PM']Hey guys!

Paddy[/quote]

Mine seems to be isolated, but it was a nightmare [i]after [/i]payment. Ashdown 4x10. Arrived damaged (OK, possibly the fault of the courier) and spent ages trying to get Thomann to take product back. Their customer service was non-existent. Eventually they agreed, then the replacement product was lost in transit, to be located a couple of weeks later in a warehouse somewhere on the east coast. It was a bad experience and they offered no apology or incentive to use them again. Which I haven't.

I suppose in their defence (and as this question has been raised previously), if you're ordering product that's small/lightweight you don't seem to have a problem...

P

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='468956' date='Apr 21 2009, 07:31 PM']One of the easiest online Stores I've ever dealt with, great customer service, quick despatch, constant notifications of location of orders, and easy payment methods. Never had a problem so I can't really comment on that bit. :)[/quote]

Same experience here as well.
My last 5 basses have come from thomanns and ive had two refunds, all no hassle and very quick.

I've bought a Warwick Rockstand and my Zoom H4 from Thomann.de and both times they've delivered perfectly. In fact I've found that the item tends to arrive well in advance of them taking payment for it! I believe I paid using my Mastercard.

My initial line of thought from the payment issues you are having is - Are you trying to get the item delivered to an address which isn't the billing address for your payment card? It is quite normal for online stores to insist that at least your first purchase is delivered to the billing address of your card to try to prevent fraud. Just a thought.

I've never had to deal with them aftersales though, but I've heard mostly great stories. If you do come across issues then they should definitely be resolved with a phone call, email is definitely not the medium of communication to be used when there is urgency. I'm sure they've got guys there that speak better English than I do!

I remember when Pav (Nancy Johnson) had his problem. I've bought a lot of stuff from Thomann over the last couple of years. Inevitably the more you buy, the more likely you are to have one 'go wrong'.

In my experience, they're usually excellent. When things do go pear-shaped, just remember that you're dealing with a VERY large organisation and sometimes things do slip down the cracks between departments.

Were it not for the horrible £/€ exchange rate, I'd happily be buying from Thomann still.

[quote name='Twigman' post='469570' date='Apr 22 2009, 01:19 PM']I bought some accessories for my RME soundcard from Thomann - paid by Visa

Superb fast delivery

Would recommend - although they are expensive (moreso now the £ is worth so little € )[/quote]

It used to be the case that they were a lot cheaper than uk shops, including delivery! But yeah the €xhange rate has really meant their prices taking a big long hike upwards.

The 'German' bank account number is an IBAN, or International bank Account Number.

The details that Thoman just send me for an order included DE 19 7607 0024 0811 5008 00

That should translate into

Sort Code: 76070024
Account no: 0811500800

Is that what you used?