Why become a member? ×

South East bassists, wanna spend an evening up close and personal with session ace, Laurence Cottle?

TrevorR

A chum of mine runs The School of Drumming in Woking and is organising a drum clinic on Thursday 24th November. The line up will feature Mark Fletcher the long time house drummer at Ronnie Scott’s but he will be accompanied by the fabulous jazz guitarist Carl Orr (who also MCs the weekly Jam Night in Woking) and the fabulous bass player, Laurence (Lol) Cottle. Lol has played with EVERYONE - from Mike Oldfield and Alan Parsons to Gary Moore and Black Sabbath, and everyone in between.

It promises to be a great night with some truly stunning playing! If you’re interested in toddling along then you can get tickets at the following link… 

https://www.theschoolofdrumming.com/clinics

Maybe see you there!

0549E51F-78AF-4D3D-A5AC-E1D0293AF183.thumb.jpeg.c12b656670ea49e800bc19ddc0234cac.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got your tickets for this clinic yet? If you’re within striking distance of Woking, Surrey you owe it to yourself to get there! Going to be an epic night including the Welsh Wal Wizard, Laurence Cottle. Adam has just released a discount code so type “RONNIE” in at the checkout any you’ll get 20% off!

Talking to Carl Orr last night he was saying this isn’t one of those clinics where the drummer sits there nattering about how they did this paradiddle on this tune and that film on that gig and look, I’ve got a double kick pedal and here’s how it works… they’ve prepped about 10 or so songs to roar through… definitely going to be an epic night!

Tickets are here: https://www.theschoolofdrumming.com/clinics

18 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

He used to have a regular Sunday afternoon jazz gig in (IIRC) Richmond. I went once it was absolutely heaving.

Boaters, by the river in Kingston.  It was always rammed as you could catch some of the best musicians in the UK, for free!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

Boaters, by the river in Kingston.  It was always rammed as you could catch some of the best musicians in the UK, for free!

Sadly now defunct… had been declining for a few years and Covid finally sealed the Sunday jazz’s fate! :( 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Zombie thread resurrection but The School Of Drumming is doing another evening on Thursday July 6th at the same venue in Woking.

As noted above, I went to the clinic they did together last November - 🤯 Not to be missed if you are within striking distance of Woking. Main attraction for me was Lol Cottle, of course but both Carl and Mark are also monster players too. As a combination, stunning!

info and tickets here:  

https://www.theschoolofdrumming.com/shop/p/markfletcherdrumclinic-tkhyw

More details…

28FBAAF5-FFFA-4FBE-AEBF-081D8FE6E503.thumb.jpeg.6ff42151d13949e06dee447f231c1c00.jpeg

Edited by TrevorR
  • Like 1