Jump to content
warwickhunt

The LAKLAND Porn Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, lou24d53 said:

I'm in Scotland and I bought one a while back on here, but have since sold it.

I paid more than £400 for it, so whilst I'm maybe not the 'idiot' quoted I'm still one for not knowing I could have got one for considerably cheaper than I recall paying...! 🙄🤪

The idiot in question isn’t anyone currently on here, he stopped using BC years ago. He was a friend of mine, until he dropped contact after getting my bass! Still, wish I could get that bass back. The Duck Dunns seem to be getting a lot harder to come by.

Edited by Bassislife16
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would still very much like to see some more Lakland USA Custom shops on this thread, I’m GASSING so bad with the Lakland bug at the moment! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Graham said:

I sold mine to someone in Scotland too @krispn - have you still got it?

I sold it on to get a JO5. Cracking bass both of them but I think the original DJ with Aero pick ups has been my favourite Lakland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krispn said:

I sold it on to get a JO5. Cracking bass both of them but I think the original DJ with Aero pick ups has been my favourite Lakland.

The Skyline DJ4 I had was also excellent, probably the best ‘Jazz’ I’ve owned. It got sold to help buy my custom P/J 44-94, which is much more the sound that I’m after (Precision with a bit of option).

Si

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lou24d53 said:

whilst I'm maybe not the 'idiot' quoted I'm still one for not knowing I could have got one for considerably cheaper than I recall paying...! 🙄🤪

Strange actions for Scotsman!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, krispn said:

I sold it on to get a JO5. Cracking bass both of them but I think the original DJ with Aero pick ups has been my favourite Lakland.

I play a DJ5 these days, I really like it - great neck and the best sounding bridge pickup I've heard on a jazz - the JO is pretty much the same apart from pickup placement I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Graham said:

I play a DJ5 these days, I really like it - great neck and the best sounding bridge pickup I've heard on a jazz - the JO is pretty much the same apart from pickup placement I think?

Yeah just placement and body-shape really, they'll be the same pickups (Hansons or Aeros if it's an early one)

Si

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Strange actions for Scotsman!!!

How very dare you...!!! 😂

Edited by lou24d53

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, lou24d53 said:

How very dare you...!!! 😂

Here, I'm a Ballymena man! We invented copper wire!

Edit: it's a little known fact, lost in the mists of time, that Scotland was populated by folks thrown out of Ballymena for not being tight enough...

Edited by Bigwan
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bassislife16 said:

I would still very much like to see some more Lakland USA Custom shops on this thread, I’m GASSING so bad with the Lakland bug at the moment! 

I'm not sure if the sunburst counts as a custom shop but it was certainly a custom order - bound and pearl dots J neck with a Lollar pickup installed at the factory

IMG_2272.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, three said:

I'm not sure if the sunburst counts as a custom shop but it was certainly a custom order - bound and pearl dots J neck with a Lollar pickup installed at the factory

IMG_2272.jpg

Essentially their US range is their custom-shop, everything is made to order, including the Classic range.

Most people do just order one of their pre-spec’d models from the US range, but the scope of customisation is certainly there (excluding the Classic range). For example a 44-64 with a 44-60 neck isn’t going to cost you extra (to my knowledge), so would essentially be a custom-shop order.

Si

Edited by Sibob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahh...thanks for the clarification - I didn't know this (and to be honest, I didn't spec either of my basses but find them supremely easy to play and endowed with an extremely useable range of essential and classic Fender-type tones)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, I’m liking the Nordys on the cream one. Big Splits or Singles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ezbass said:

Ooh, I’m liking the Nordys on the cream one. Big Splits or Singles?

Big Singles, it sounds massive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horizontalste said:

Big Singles, it sounds massive!

Nice! Loved the Singles in my old Ibby and they look great into the bargain. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice pornographic contributions folks. Allow me to pick my own jaw up off the floor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...