Why become a member? ×

Finding musicians

charic

Im currently in a new project and were seeking a singer and drummer in the cambridgeshire area. Cambridge bands is mainly people in cambs and we dont really want to have to travel that far. Were thinking more huntingdon/peterborugh area. Was wondering how you fellows go about finding new members?

There used to be a good bands forum in Peterborough called Borobands, but thats shut down now I think. Theres a forum called peterborough.net which has got a music section, which may be of some help. Ive been lucky enough to find band members just by word of mouth.

Your best bet is to find out where the local jam sessions are held, and become a regular.

Within a few months you'll know a pool of local musicians, what standard they play to, and whether or not you gel with them personally.

If there are no jam sessions local to you ... start one! Any landlord with an under-used function room will normally be pretty open to the idea of filling it once a week with thirsty musicians. And you get to be the house band.

Gumtree.com has a small artist /musician section which you can filter for your area.It`s relatively new but maybe there`s other musos nearer you ........... worth a try?

good luck!

Edited by jhk

[quote name='charic' post='463009' date='Apr 15 2009, 02:09 PM']Im currently in a new project and were seeking a singer and drummer in the cambridgeshire area. Cambridge bands is mainly people in cambs and we dont really want to have to travel that far. Were thinking more huntingdon/peterborugh area. Was wondering how you fellows go about finding new members?[/quote]

Alright young Ric, good to see you getting back on the horse!

It's a tough road finding people who are committed to making music...try musolist, it's quite good and go take a look at the ads at your local studios/music shops as others said.

Good luck!

You're going to need some sort of man trap... bear traps will work just as well.

But what to bait your trap with? That's the question...

Maybe some sort of regional media endorsed pissing contest would entice the ego of the local muso's. Prize being the barmaid at the local boozer? I'm sure she'd be game... so long as the prize isn't a drummer. :)

Never got off the horse AM1 :) been in various projects recently that have just bugged the hell out of me so i left. Well I remembered I knew a fairly good vocalist so hes auditioning on tuesday which should be interesting. I'll podcast him and we can have a basschat xfactorr ;) lol!

Ive already got a couple of drummers banging at my door so to speak so thats not too bad. Its just nice to be in a band thats writing my own music :rolleyes:. Oh if you want a listen then very very rough copies are on www.myspace.com/bandtheascent :D thanks for all the advice ppl. I may make a compilation of sites and see if I can get it stickied at some point

[quote name='charic' post='463746' date='Apr 16 2009, 10:41 AM']Never got off the horse AM1 :) been in various projects recently that have just bugged the hell out of me so i left. Well I remembered I knew a fairly good vocalist so hes auditioning on tuesday which should be interesting. I'll podcast him and we can have a basschat xfactorr ;) lol!

Ive already got a couple of drummers banging at my door so to speak so thats not too bad. Its just nice to be in a band thats writing my own music :rolleyes:. Oh if you want a listen then very very rough copies are on www.myspace.com/bandtheascent :D thanks for all the advice ppl. I may make a compilation of sites and see if I can get it stickied at some point[/quote]

hey dude get in touch with Phil as well, he might be interested as aeterna will probably split up when myself and the guitarist move to Manchester at the end of July. His drumming has come on a long way in the last year as well, i can personally say i'm very happy with it :]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='escholl' post='463748' date='Apr 16 2009, 10:46 AM']hey dude get in touch with Phil as well, he might be interested as aeterna will probably split up when myself and the guitarist move to Manchester at the end of July. His drumming has come on a long way in the last year as well, i can personally say i'm very happy with it :][/quote]

Hey Charic, does your new project practice in Wyton? My studio's ready for use now, nice recording setup as you may remember :)

I'm also searching for a good drummer in Cambs. Could you give me a heads up on any that are decent but don't make the lineup?