Why become a member? ×

Some 80 yr old Bassist is playing the Cheese & Grain in Frome tomorrow at 5.00 pm

yorks5stringer

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

Do you reckon he's gonna pull up in a transit, and lug his own basses and cabs inside?

I get the feeling that Paul would like to do exactly that.

But in real world old age and security issues leave him with limited options to do it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

We had a gig booked there once supporting Rik Waller. We arrived to be told he’d only sold 8 tickets and the gig was off!

Sounds like the ideal 'front' band for this kind of thing.

Book the night out to a band with no fans, with full promotion and ticket sales etc. Looks just like a normal gig.

Then swap McCartney (or other superstar) in at the last minute. Not too many people disappointed.

Just now, yorks5stringer said:

I think that was maybe the length of time some queued beforehand? Dunno, just saw the FB frenzy!

Did you see the moaning from people who didn't bother reading the very clear "non transferable, ID required" who bought tickets expecting to sell them for hundreds of pounds only to find they couldn't sell them?

I saw the email announcement while I was 2 minutes walk from the cheeser but thought I'd leave the tickets to people who'd appreciate it more rather than just go because he's there.