Why become a member? ×

PCGC now available on the high street

40 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Oh. As in anything PCGC should be automatically deleted? Going PC on PCGC?

Not how I took that comment. I took it to mean that, ahem, "vintage" basses can ultimately end up as valueless firewood. Although in the case in point, its probably there already, without going to the unnecessary expense of matches

• Like 1

On 20/04/2022 at 17:48, yorks5stringer said:

You know the pinned photo you have to scroll past every bleedin time you view anything in this lounge  because some Mod thinks it necessary to tell us not to post it when it would be a lot a simpler to just delete any thread that it forms....( photo of a flood damaged jazz bass)☹️

Yes, because scrolling past a photo takes soooooooo much longer than seeking out a thread and deleting it...

On 27/04/2022 at 15:23, Rich said:

Yes, because scrolling past a photo takes soooooooo much longer than seeking out a thread and deleting it...

It actually does if you read a number of the posts in this lounge, because every time you leave a topic you have to scroll past the stupid photo again. How would you like a lawsuit  from me claiming RSI against BC( yes, I can be sarcastic too)......

Just delete it now, you know it makes sense! 

8 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

It actually does if you read a number of the posts in this lounge, because every time you leave a topic you have to scroll past the stupid photo again. How would you like a lawsuit  from me claiming RSI against BC( yes, I can be sarcastic too)......

Just delete it now, you know it makes sense! 

Well, it was put there as a whack-a-mole prevention aid because there was a spate of "You're going to laugh at this...!" threads featuring that picture, which got rather tiresome.

Maybe it's served its purpose and it'd be an idea to remove it; however, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someone re-discovers that very same never-seen-before picture for our collective joyousness...

(My guess is 3 weeks, or less if someone does it as a wind-up.)

2 hours ago, prowla said:

Well, it was put there as a whack-a-mole prevention aid because there was a spate of "You're going to laugh at this...!" threads featuring that picture, which got rather tiresome.

Maybe it's served its purpose and it'd be an idea to remove it; however, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someone re-discovers that very same never-seen-before picture for our collective joyousness...

(My guess is 3 weeks, or less if someone does it as a wind-up.)

A mole did that to a Bass? Must  take mine out of storage in a hole in the garden!

However being more sensible, as Mods presumably scan the postings on the site anyway, how hard would it be for them to just delete any errant posts, as they currently do now? I'll even offer to report it if the 'matchwood photo' comes up again. That way it must save at least 100 yards of scrolling across the membership......

Edited by yorks5stringer