Why become a member? ×

amp mounted bass hangers

dmccombe7

Does anyone use amp mounted bass hangers.

Was thinking of getting one to save taking up a lot of floor space with normal bass stands. Cant seem to find any.

What i had in my head was one that hangs across the top of my cabs but below my amp if that makes sense.

Dave

You mean like the Mark Bass Keeper?

Attatches to the cab or amp handles.

For some reason I can't seem to copy and paste in links at the moment but a google search will quickly bring it up.

11437736_800.jpg.bab5191f3de4acaa4a1ee61fa63fdd8f.jpg

Edit. Old Horse Murphy beat me to it.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

Really looking for something that will take the weight of the bass as i dont like standing my bass on the strap locks. 

The ones i'm thinking off must attach to the top of the cab somehow and sit at the edge of the cab with the hook for the bass.

Off to a gig now but will see if i can find a pic of what i'm thinking off. I came across one but they dont make them anymore.

Dave

Dont fancy putting screws into my Mesa cabs like that.

Something like this. The elbow sits over the edge of your cab and the strap attaches somewhere either on your cab handle on the top of the cab/amp or to the other side of the cab handle. 

Other options might be an adjustable plastic clamp to suit cab width or depth ?

This is the company i found but they dont make them anymore.

Dave

image.png.b452a4e0f53d88117456fcbee3b70e52.png

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

I remember years ago a friend of mine, who was the Ampeg rep at the time, had some that you could use with an 810. It was a flat piece of metal that hooked under the handle on the back of the cab then it had a hanger on the front.

Not much help as I have no idea where they were from but they do exist.

Edit: This is it. However it looks like basshanger.com no longer exists.

31DE3029-883B-4A10-B26E-A57DD1148B3A.jpeg

Edited by joeystrange
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, joeystrange said:

I remember years ago a friend of mine, who was the Ampeg rep at the time, had some that you could use with an 810. It was a flat piece of metal that hooked under the handle on the back of the cab then it had a hanger on the front.

Not much help as I have no idea where they were from but they do exist.

Edit: This is it. However it looks like basshanger.com no longer exists.

31DE3029-883B-4A10-B26E-A57DD1148B3A.jpeg

That might work

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

This is what you want

Screenshot_2022-03-21-08-38-00-802_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

How does it attach to cab ? I'll look at website for details.

Checked them out but they need a cab edge to clamp onto. My cabs have the grills flush mounted to the cab so nothing to clamp onto.

I could use them with my current amp rack but i'm expecting a new Mesa TT800 amp that wont be rack mounted.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

How does it attach to cab ? I'll look at website for details.

Checked them out but they need a cab edge to clamp onto. My cabs have the grills flush mounted to the cab so nothing to clamp onto.

I could use them with my current amp rack but i'm expecting a new Mesa TT800 amp that wont be rack mounted.

Dave

You need an edge on cab or head. Darnit

1 hour ago, Grahambythesea said:

Found a picture on Amazon:6712BBEA-CA1B-4970-BA2D-AA37F5AD8699.jpeg.cb8ac24ae16350e165a19bdabcd26921.jpeg

My cabs have flush mounted grills so not an option in this case. The D'addario one shown earlier in this thread looked promising but same problem with no edges to cabs.

Dave

As if by magic ...voila !

Ye olde MB keeper. As mentioned, brilliant,  but if you dont have rats fur cab covering, as mentioned again, use a handle or something.

Great thing about these is they take up no space in luggage, weigh less then air, and you can have a few of them dependimg how many basses you take to gigs

markbass.jpg

• Haha 1

I built one myself with the help of a locksmith‘s online shop, from which I ordered a simple L-shaped piece steel band with a couple of precisely pre-measures drilled holes.

I then added a regular wall hanger to the front and a single rubber foot below (to be able to let it rest on the cabinet), and affixed the thing to my amp‘s head shell with a single (massive m10) butterfly nut to a respective bolt. Can easily be taken off for transport, is easily re-attached, and very solid.

89092D37-7481-4AA5-9DE7-88A948F0232D.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wavemaker said:

I built one myself with the help of a locksmith‘s online shop, from which I ordered a simple L-shaped piece steel band with a couple of precisely pre-measures drilled holes.

I then added a regular wall hanger to the front and a single rubber foot below (to be able to let it rest on the cabinet), and affixed the thing to my amp‘s head shell with a single (massive m10) butterfly nut to a respective bolt. Can easily be taken off for transport, is easily re-attached, and very solid.

89092D37-7481-4AA5-9DE7-88A948F0232D.jpeg

I think i might need to rig something up myself as having no luck finding what i want. I wont have an amp rack to attach it to so i might look at side of cab mounting but using smaller 25mm wide straps onto an L shaped bracket with it secured to cab handles at each side. I could make 2off as i always take 2 basses to gigs. My cabs have side handles like yours. I would glue rubber strip on the inside to rest against the cab with causing damage.

Dave

16 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I think i might need to rig something up myself as having no luck finding what i want. I wont have an amp rack to attach it to so i might look at side of cab mounting but using smaller 25mm wide straps onto an L shaped bracket with it secured to cab handles at each side. I could make 2off as i always take 2 basses to gigs. My cabs have side handles like yours. I would glue rubber strip on the inside to rest against the cab with causing damage.

Dave

I had the same idea as you. I didn‘t feel particularly convinced about the "give" inherent to a strap that‘s not completely overtightened, however - and I didn’t like the idea of tightening that strap too much and thereby risking to pull the handles off my cab, either. 

Are you positive about not using an amp at all? If you don’t need one, you might steal the idea we ourselves stole from Caspian and just put a light fixture into a head shell - and affix your bass hanger to that. 

7B07E85E-10A4-403B-AB10-6F0CE4F096BD.jpeg

1 hour ago, wavemaker said:

I had the same idea as you. I didn‘t feel particularly convinced about the "give" inherent to a strap that‘s not completely overtightened, however - and I didn’t like the idea of tightening that strap too much and thereby risking to pull the handles off my cab, either. 

Are you positive about not using an amp at all? If you don’t need one, you might steal the idea we ourselves stole from Caspian and just put a light fixture into a head shell - and affix your bass hanger to that. 

7B07E85E-10A4-403B-AB10-6F0CE4F096BD.jpeg

I'm waiting on a new Mesa TT800 lightweight amp and wont be racking it.. I'm trying to reduce weight.

I've just realised my cab handles arent fixed into the cab sides. They pull out for lifting so the strap thing wouldn't really work as it would mean the handles would be sticking out causing the bass to hit against the handles.

Mmmmm this is getting complicated.

Dave

Just now, dmccombe7 said:

I'm waiting on a new Mesa TT800 lightweight amp and wont be racking it.. I'm trying to reduce weight.

I've just realised my cab handles arent fixed into the cab sides. They pull out for lifting so the strap thing wouldn't really work as it would mean the handles would be sticking out causing the bass to hit against the handles.

Mmmmm this is getting complicated.

Dave

Any reason you couldn't turn the cab upside down?

If I was you I would run a cord all the way across and around the cab, up and over and around a 2fer hanger doofer and back again. It won't go anywhere.