Why become a member? ×

Do We Need a Short Scale Bass Sub-forum in the Basses For Sale Forum?

Obrienp

Do We Need A Short Scale Sub-Forum in Basses for Sale Forum?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a Short Scale Basses sub-forum in the Basses for Sale forum?

• I would advertise there within the next 6 months
    • I would definitely browse a short scale forum
    • I don’t need a short scale sub-forum

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/22 at 09:57

On 16/03/2022 at 09:59, stewblack said:

I voted no because I don't really care either way.

What is needed however is a separate place for basses over, say, 750 quid.

What some commercial sites seem to be able to do is to provide a search function with a slider to set a minimum and maximum price and present the adverts which fall into the range. 

1 hour ago, pete.young said:

What some commercial sites seem to be able to do is to provide a search function with a slider to set a minimum and maximum price and present the adverts which fall into the range. 

What most commercial sites have is a revenue stream that allows the expense (investment..?) of high-end UI and customised behaviour. I suspect that the BC revenue stream is somewhat more modest than that of, say, Amazon, or Thomann. I may be wrong. :|

30 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Lol, those of us working in IT (and various other disciplines) know that the dreaded word for users to use is 'Surely'!

The feeblest use of 'Surely' I ever heard was when I was analysing some data and the idiot CEO said 'Surely you can just tap the answer in?'

I said nothing but my colleague spat back at him: 'If it was that easy, Stan, even you could do it'.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nail Soup said:

Lol, those of us working in IT (and various other disciplines) know that the dreaded word for users to use is 'Surely'!

I'm a mechanical engineer. I dread meetings with non technical people. They always come up with some crazy idea and think it's 5 minutes work. 

Usually their idea involves breaking the laws of physics or completely redesigning six months work to save £50 on a couple metres of wires.

I think the forum has a 'sales portal'. 

I entered it not long after joining.

A magical place full of basses where willpower, restraint and financial self-control get left outside. 

Ahhhh sales portal... My love for you will never die. 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3