Why become a member? ×

NBD - Classic Vibe 70’s PBass

Guest BassAdder27

Arrived today after a saga of sending two Classic Vibe 60’s back.

The 70’s Vibe is a very nice bass indeed.

After a quick tune up I was amazed how well the setup was. Neck bow action and intonation all good. 
Looks nice in black and the neck is very playable. 
For my back up bass it’s very good indeed A36732B8-DAB1-492C-8BBB-D9CFCFEF64E1.thumb.jpeg.505391a3c9d8624622b3ed16b70ecc7d.jpeg7B5114A4-D3DC-42E5-9C7E-7846884D2950.thumb.jpeg.cd0a9002f304cc9d8e9674d99db78c2a.jpeg

I like the blocks, the only thing that might grate on me a little is that I am used to seeing the 2 dot markers at the 12th fret, I think I would possibly have to get some white dot marker stickers or something for that 12th fret, that being said if the 12th fret is right where the upper horn is like on a lot of basses it might be easy to remember just by that, btw that is one classy looking bass, that would look great in a punk band

Edited by shoulderpet
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, skychaserhigh said:

This is what I've done to mine. Bartolini MM humbucker with a John East MM 2 band pre amp. I think the mix of vintage and modern really works here, looks cool and sounds thunderous!

The mods were done by Jim Fleeting by the way , I'm not skilled enough to do this sort of thing. 

20220215_085614.jpg

20220215_085632.jpg

wow that is awesome, I have been thinking about getting a cheap P bass and doing something similar but the cost has always put me off

On 13/02/2022 at 07:34, Steve Browning said:

True, but I am not keen on the look at all. I would have bought one if they were dots. 

Walnut is my 2nd favourite finish. 

Same here - I keep looking at the walnut Squier's tempted, but I just don't like binding or blocks (nothing about being period correct, just personal preference). Then I look at the below & get sad, so close yet so far.
https://www.andybaxterbass.com/collections/fender-precision-bass/products/1975-fender-precision-bass-walnut-1

Still, I think they look better on the black version, maybe matches it better. And Squier CV basses are difficult to beat in the sub-1k new bracket.