Why become a member? ×

The Pedal GAS Thread

stewblack

2 hours ago, 2pods said:

OK then. Wassit do ?

In short, it's an envelope filter.

Here's the blurb:

Envelope Filter — A colourful, resonant filter that follows and responds to your picking dynamics.

Step Filter — A groovy, arpeggiated filter with fully adjustable steps.

Manual Filter — Great for static tone shaping or sweep-able, wah-like effects using an expression pedal.

Each of these modes offers 4 filter types: low-pass, band-pass, high-pass and peaking. Sweep range and resonance width are also adjustable, and on top of all of these, a dedicated mix knob allows blending of the wet and dry signals. This gives you total control of how much filtering effect is imparted on your guitar, bass or synth signal. Smart!

• Like 2

Has anyone had any experience with the Crazy Tube Circuits Locomotive overdrive? Like JAM, CTC is Greek, as is my partner so I’m considering picking one up when I’m next in Athens. It’s got a 12AY7 tube in a fetching hot pink housing depicting a train. What more could a person want.

Looking back through the thread - JAM, Cog, Doom 2 - you guys have got great GAS taste!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, admiralchew said:

Has anyone had any experience with the Crazy Tube Circuits Locomotive overdrive? Like JAM, CTC is Greek, as is my partner so I’m considering picking one up when I’m next in Athens. It’s got a 12AY7 tube in a fetching hot pink housing depicting a train. What more could a person want.

Looking back through the thread - JAM, Cog, Doom 2 - you guys have got great GAS taste!

https://crazytubecircuits.com/locomotive

400mA at 9v power supply requirement, that's not bad for a pedal with a real valve.  Most valve pedals are quite thirsty.

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 1

I don't 'need' any more pedals (I play in bands that don't  require any effects - just utility pedals) but this forum is serious temptation - to the point I might need to make an effot to not visit! My current Basschat induced GAS is:

• Boss RE-2 or 202
  • MXR Poly Blue Octave
  • Strymon Deco
  • Cali 76 Bass Compressor

And if Behringer release a decent and reasonably priced clone of the MF-101, and Source Audio release a C4 'XL' with a more preset access and a few more hardware controls (similar to their Collider/Ventris/Nemisis) I'll be all over them.

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

I'm relatively GAS free since buying the Zoom B6, honestly there's nothing it can't do and it will stand a lot of experimentation (play).

However if I had another room and an unlimited budget:

Catalinbread Coriolis Effect,

GFI System Rossie Multi Filter,

Catalinbread Zero Point Flanger,

Boss SY-2,

The Fart Pedal.

I believe the world is divided into people who can't see the point in the Fart Pedal, and people who's immediate response to hearing about it, is that life is not worth living without one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My GAS impatience led to me taking a chunk of paint off of a Triungulo Barbanera when removing velcro this morning. Slightly frustrating given it has such a lovely paint job! It's a fantastic pedal for anyone GASing and considering GisserD's.

My GAS is currently sated for the first time in a while, or at least a way from being as rampant as it was. That said, it may only take an unexpected drop from one of a handful of builders to see it come roaring back again.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind trying the Fart Pedal. Or a Gojira Ants In My Eyes Johnson.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 31/03/2022 at 13:46, admiralchew said:

Or a Gojira Ants In My Eyes Johnson.

Well, as part of a slightly ill-matched NPD double-header, that's that craving satisfied...

image.thumb.png.e8ccd77da26170e8663437dcb8989b1e.png

My GAS is now (and has been for a while) a Cog-70 or Rogue One/R-1. Finding either is proving to be a challenge so this GAS may be here to stay.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2022 at 09:48, SumOne said:

I don't 'need' any more pedals (I play in bands that don't  require any effects - just utility pedals) but this forum is serious temptation - to the point I might need to make an effot to not visit! My current Basschat induced GAS is:

• Boss RE-2 or 202
  • MXR Poly Blue Octave
  • Strymon Deco
  • Cali 76 Bass Compressor

And if Behringer release a decent and reasonably priced clone of the MF-101, and Source Audio release a C4 'XL' with a more preset access and a few more hardware controls (similar to their Collider/Ventris/Nemisis) I'll be all over them.

The Poly Blue Octave is fast becoming my favourite pedal! It was a slow burner for me, but once I sussed it, wow! It has so much scope and has allowed me to remove half my pedalboard.

It can cover. Synth, Analogue Octave down, Organ style POG effects, Chorus, Fuzz, Drive even Royal blood at a push, plus a myriad of other things. I might even get another one and have 2 on the board with different settings?

• Like 2

https://thepedalclub.squarespace.com

Almost everything everyone wants is here

https://thepedalclub.squarespace.com/the-pedals

I tried it for a month (but then had to travel) had a Deco, JHS Colourbox and something else I forget about. Helped me decide that none of them were for me :D and that's a fair old wack to save.

I'll be using it to try the Chase Bliss Mood out which is one of the things on my GAS list.

• Thanks 1

Just discovered a method of emergency gas proofing. 

Found myself watching a video demo of a bass synth pedal (available here) and realising the danger I was in I switched to a video demonstrating a synth pedal which I already own !

Seeing all the possibilities available to me my gas valve closed and I found myself wanting to go play with the toys I actually have in my collection.

It was miraculous.

Doubt it will last mind you .

• Haha 6

• 1 month later...

Dare I say it, I’m not actually gassing for any new pedals at all (though as @admiralchewsays, the Barbanera does sound great and I wouldn’t mind one).

Synths, that’s a different matter altogether…

I guess I just supersized my GAS.

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

I'm GASing after the FTelettronica Envelope Follower.

I picked up the FTelettronica PLL and  Envelope Follower a couple of weeks ago and have been impressed by both. I was fiddling around with the Envelope Follower yesterday evening and it’s very flexible and very wet (as opposed to croaky) sounding. I’ve not played a Meatball though so can’t say how close they are.

I’m planning to spend more time on it over the next couple of days and maybe try it with a different bass; I tried it with a passive bass and had to keep sensitivity at max and dig in to get it to trigger as much as I wanted but when it was dialled in it sounded great.

FTelettronica were great to order through and the pedal arrived in less than a week.

• Like 2