Jump to content

Is this the worst name for a bass guitar finish ever?


Eldon Tyrell

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Most colour names are ridiculous.

 

My favourite useless colour name is Sonic Blue. I can't think of a colour less "sonic" than that insipid pastel shade.

You can blame Cadillac for that one. Introduced in 1955 so possibly an attempt to cash in on the space race/supersonic jet imagery? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/11/2021 at 18:34, Eldon Tyrell said:

Just saw this one. The finish is called "Metal Flake Clown Vomit Green Finish". Clown vomit? Really? 🥴

Who comes up with such a name and who wants to have a bass with a "clown vomit" finish? Ok, maybe it's a great bass and cheap. So, what's the price you are asking? 

Well, the price is a whopping £ 3,649. Wow. Well, maybe it sounds amazing and plays well. Never heard of "Blast Cult" but could be good, maybe even very good, not ruling it out, but with a sparkly clown vomit finish? Don't think I will give a try. What about you?

 

IMG_22112021_111212__1100_x_703_pixel.thumb.webp.1a0945f463b9c009110a7853031d1e85.webp

 

 

https://thebassgallery.com/collections/bass/products/blast-cult-thirty-five

 

Personally for that price I would want the pickup-per string PUPs to at least try and line up with the strings, if only for aesthetics.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, borntohang said:

You can blame Cadillac for that one. Introduced in 1955 so possibly an attempt to cash in on the space race/supersonic jet imagery? 

I'm pretty sure all original Fender colours, and probably other manufacturers of the same era, were car colours. It was the easiest thing to do, just pop down the DuPont factory and grab some Burgandy Mist etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maude said:

I'm pretty sure all original Fender colours, and probably other manufacturers of the same era, were car colours. It was the easiest thing to do, just pop down the DuPont factory and grab some Burgandy Mist etc. 

They were indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first Honda Civic was painted in "Deep Adriatic Pearl".  Pearlescent dark blue, basically.

 

My current car (Mitsubishi Colt) is "Spicy Red".  Quite what makes a colour "spicy" is beyond me, and no I haven't tried licking the paint to estimate the Scoville rating ;)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, neepheid said:

My first Honda Civic was painted in "Deep Adriatic Pearl".  Pearlescent dark blue, basically.

 

My current car (Mitsubishi Colt) is "Spicy Red".  Quite what makes a colour "spicy" is beyond me, and no I haven't tried licking the paint to estimate the Scoville rating ;)

 

 

My motorbike is a spectacular colour called 'Nuclear Red' by Triumph.

 

speedtripedit02.thumb.jpg.f3914907870d7927d7d987656f50a0c5.jpg

 

However I have seen this shade referred to as 'Dog C**k Pink' on Triumph owners' forums.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the classic Ford colour 'Rosso Red'. 

 

"Ooh that sounds exotic." "What is it, Italian? Nice." "What's Rosso Italian for then, something sexy or sporty?" 

"Oh, um, well that's a bit er, unispired isn't it?" 

 

Walks away deflated. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...