Why become a member? ×

My builds

JeezyMcNuggles

15 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Q: Are these bronze (acoustic) strings or 24 carat Gold (can't remember the brand, sorry)? 

If they're bronze, how do they sound compared to steels/nickel?

20200528_192513.jpg

24k gold plated rounds

Optima Unique

They sound as described on the site, brilliant. Pretty stiff though til they work in, but they stay decebtly bright for about 2 years.

• Like 1

Hmm, the pics don't seem to all line up in the order I select. Oh well, yall get the timelines right?

McNuggies took me 9 hrs from start to finish, and cost me $837.

McNash took me a little longer trying to figure out the neck dive, and swapping pickups a few times (the blade is the winner by the way), 13hrs and $1126. And it stays exactly where I want it to. Neck dive...move your strap button to the back of the neck. Dive gone. 100% gone.

Edited by JeezyMcNuggles
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, JeezyMcNuggles said:

Well, those are my babies. I've got a few mod projects, and refinishes as well. Let me know if yall want to see those too. Til next time.

I'd say you pretty much have to after showing those.  They're striking looking basses.  I bet they sound good too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimothey said:

Love the neck on the McNash! I did the same on my 51p build and I'm gonna do it on my new 4 string build....... 👍🏻 

Well, the Tele neck has stainless frets, inlays, and I died it black. But, it's actually on my Pj now. Those two necks just seem to fit the other basses better. Balance, tone, and feel. Sucks though, cause I ordered the Tele neck specifically for the Tele. But whatever, McNuggies don't look like no standard P anymore. Plus.

• Like 1