Bassman666

Toilet seat bass
£1000
Gosport

It's a strange world we currently live in, so why not make it a little bit stranger and treat yourself to a bass modelled off a toilet seat? 

Mocked worldwide throughout the bass community for looking similar to a toilet seat, this is a beast of a bass. Putting the feelers out there to see if there's any interest in my musicman bongo 5 hs in carbon blue Pearl. I am only considering selling as I can't part with my 5514 lakland. My pictures are fairly terrible (will try to get better ones) so check Google images for a better representation of the colour! It's a lovely bass, comes with the original hardcase in used condition, straplocks and a spare white pearl pickguard. I have given the rear of the neck a light sanding (with wire very fine wire wool) to remove the gloss. I've done it neatly and if you wanted I'm sure you could buff it back to a gloss finish. It also has a homemade ramp fitted (with tape) which is clear acrylic however it cracked so I covered it with electrical tape to prevent it falling apart 🙃 There are some chips to the end of the headstock and a chip to the g string side of the body next to the neck.

I bust my nut on the g string... Hang on... The outer edge of the nut on the g string side has chipped off which doesn't affect its performance however I have ordered a replacement compensated nut in black which will be included if I haven't fitted it before sale. Everything works as it should. Currently strung with 45/100 slinkies with a heavier 135 b string for added tension! Plays great and has a very fast fretboard due to the 17.5mm spacing. I don't have a box to box so would prefer a collection or meet. Obviously given the current situation we will need to be sensible about it and follow the rules. 

Be safe and keep playing! 

DSC_0476.JPG

DSC_0610.JPG

DSC_0612.JPG

DSC_0607.JPG

DSC_0608.JPG

DSC_0611.JPG

DSC_0675.JPG

DSC_0677.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, KevL said:

Can this be played whilst sitting down or standing?

I usually stand however sometimes I treat myself by sitting down 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bassman666 said:

I usually stand however sometimes I treat myself by sitting down 

I guess you’d use a stool

• Haha 5

If there's a lot of interest you might have to hold some kind of competition to decide who gets the bass, I know I'd love to winnet

• Haha 2

This bass is definitely not a piece of cra*p and entirely inappropriate for anyone to take the p*iss if you ask me.

GLWTS

• Haha 2

Careful or one of the moderators will have to come and poo-t a stop to all this derailing. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, dodge_bass said:

Careful or one of the moderators will have to come and poo-t a stop to all this derailing. 

I’d give it ten minutes...

• Haha 1

Brilliant bass, I want it but don't need it!

Very cheap for that kind of sound quality but expensive for a toilet seat

GLWTS

You guys are on a roll!

This is without doubt one of the worlds finest instruments. Bidet as it may, im not in the market for another bass at this time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Toilet jokes arent really my favourite. Solid number 2 though.

• Haha 2

This could be someone’s number one bass.
Or maybe number two. 

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

If we clog this up any further we might have to call DynoRod!

cant stop half way through!

• Haha 1