Jump to content
Pea Turgh

What are Barefaced up to then?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

There is no amp. 

There will be eventually, I’ve been talking to Alex about it earlier this year. And as @Pea Turgh has said Alex alluded to it on the other thread :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Merton said:

There will be eventually, I’ve been talking to Alex about it earlier this year. And as @Pea Turgh has said Alex alluded to it on the other thread :)

 

I'll be very disappointed when the amp comes out. I wanted a bicycle. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 22:18, BassmanPaul said:

Took me a short while to work out 'cos over here it would have to be Bare Assed. LOL

 

Wouldn't it be "Bare Assed Eh"? 😉

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2020 at 20:27, Daz39 said:

Very clever indeed, very nice.

But; They’ve gone the Orange route of using symbols instead of letters for knob descriptions: awful!! 

It's a cunning plan;

You fiddle with the controls while playing, inadvertently fry your drivers in the process of finding out what the controls do.  Then you have to buy a new cab. Which Barefaced will gladly sell you....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

It's a cunning plan;

You fiddle with the controls while playing, inadvertently fry your drivers in the process of finding out what the controls do.  Then you have to buy a new cab. Which Barefaced will gladly sell you....

 

Ok, I get that not everybody is a fan of symbols over words, but what do we have here? Level, gain and some kind of EQ, as in a miriad of dirt pedals out there... Even I can manage that, and I'm having a doofus maximus week :D

I'm pretty sure you will not damage anything by mistake by turning the wrong one, unless I missed the nuclear launch button ;)

Personally I had more trouble with the controls on a Mesa D800+, to be honest: dark knobs on a dark plate with a tiny white marker and small lettering labels above them. I replaced the knobs to aid visualisation, and as for the labels... I just learnt what they do. Much like in a lot of other amps and pedals: Ashdown RM series with their mirror-like face panels and black letters, great when I need to retouch my make up, terrible otherwise... and ultrabright leds on pedals that mean I can't make out where the controls are pointing at. 

I suspect we'd manage just fine ;)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wishing to sound like a killjoy but should this thread be moved to theEffects forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mcnach said:

 

Ok, I get that not everybody is a fan of symbols over words, but what do we have here? Level, gain and some kind of EQ, as in a miriad of dirt pedals out there... Even I can manage that, and I'm having a doofus maximus week :D

I'm pretty sure you will not damage anything by mistake by turning the wrong one, unless I missed the nuclear launch button ;)

Personally I had more trouble with the controls on a Mesa D800+, to be honest: dark knobs on a dark plate with a tiny white marker and small lettering labels above them. I replaced the knobs to aid visualisation, and as for the labels... I just learnt what they do. Much like in a lot of other amps and pedals: Ashdown RM series with their mirror-like face panels and black letters, great when I need to retouch my make up, terrible otherwise

 

 

Fortunately Ashdown did that strange thing for a company, they listened, and on the EVOII version the silver front panel is now matt, so easier to see the controls but your make up will suffer.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

Not wishing to sound like a killjoy but should this thread be moved to theEffects forum?

I don't know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Fortunately Ashdown did that strange thing for a company, they listened, and on the EVOII version the silver front panel is now matt, so easier to see the controls but your make up will suffer.....

 

:D

Nice!

 

I don't own one but here at Pirate Studios they have a few and I always liked them, but in dim light with the mirror panel... yeah, not great. Last thing I want when trying to read which knob does what is seeing a guy that looks a lot like me staring right back.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...