Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fenders

Reggaebass

Just now, ossyrocks said:

But, I could have bought 8 or 9 of these for that money….

7A361382-4573-4853-A940-F7AA5E04173A.jpeg

I’d be surprised if 8 or 9 matching headstock black slab board 62s exist. 

I know. I promised myself a 62 bass on the understanding that I'd never find one I liked.

However that 62 Black one is utterly gorgeous. I keep looking at it and trying to find a form of words that I can tell the CFO as to why I've spent circa £30K on a battered piece of painted and scratched wood. Normally I'm good with words, this time I'm struggling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, briansbrew said:

Can anyone decipher these numbers on the back of a 70’s Precision

IMG_2082.thumb.jpeg.9dee9a70f43e9445fa337f828887d7f7.jpeg

The sticker which is hard to make out but looks like Fender serial number to the left and to the right I can only make out ERER

Edited by briansbrew
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, briansbrew said:

The sticker which is hard to make out but looks like Fender serial number to the left and to the right I can only make out ERER

From what I understand the FRR 42 is the QC stamp, Jose Serna the neck maker, and I think 4071 may be the batch/factory code , can’t make out the sticker though, sometimes it’s the same sticker that’s on the back of the pickguard but that one has letters, I’m curious now 😁

37 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

From what I understand the FRR 42 is the QC stamp, Jose Serna the neck maker, and I think 4071 may be the batch/factory code , can’t make out the sticker though, sometimes it’s the same sticker that’s on the back of the pickguard but that one has letters, I’m curious now 😁

Has me baffled as there is no sticker on the guard. All looks authentic and the neck is great 

• Like 1