Why become a member? ×

Bass Gallery

josh3184

I find myself in London for the week, and having visited tin pan alley, I think the only place left for basstacularness is the bass gallery, but I was wonderng how on Earth to get to it? I'm near the Chelsea football ground if that helps at all, tube travel is my prefered method. Thanks guys!

[quote name='josh3184' post='417799' date='Feb 23 2009, 08:19 PM']ah right, it was spelt camden "tahn" on my tube map, probs why I got confused ;)

Thanks for the help![/quote]

Come out of Camden Town tube, walk left round the corner (which should land you outside the other entrance of the tube station), cross the road & turn left again (Camden Road I think). Walk up the hill, you should pass Sainsbury's on your left (if it's on your right, do a left/right at the next cross-roads). Keep walking until you get to the big railway bridge, cross the road & turn right into Royal College St. The Gallery is about 150-200 yards down - just after the canal.

Hopefully the above will make more sense on the ground!

Take their phone number just in case - I have had to ring 'em up to get in before now.

Pete.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='418039' date='Feb 23 2009, 11:42 PM']Come out of Camden Town tube, walk left round the corner (which should land you outside the other entrance of the tube station), cross the road & turn left again (Camden Road I think). Walk up the hill, you should pass Sainsbury's on your left (if it's on your right, do a left/right at the next cross-roads). Keep walking until you get to the big railway bridge, cross the road & turn right into Royal College St. The Gallery is about 150-200 yards down - just after the canal.

Hopefully the above will make more sense on the ground!

Take their phone number just in case - I have had to ring 'em up to get in before now.

Pete.[/quote]

Google Maps is your friend. ;)

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=NW1+0TA&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.74868,37.177734&ie=UTF8&ll=51.541504,-0.137072&spn=0.012064,0.036306&z=15&iwloc=addr"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...&iwloc=addr[/url]

If you're unfamilar with travel around London, use [url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk"]http://www.tfl.gov.uk[/url]. Just type in the postcode NW1 0TA of the Gallery and away you go! Have fun! I know I always do. :P

[quote name='bluesparky' post='418083' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:30 AM']Also, whilst walking to the Bass gallery (great place with helpful people) - play a quick game of:

How many people will ask if I "WANT SOME SKUNK WEED MON"?......

I usually get into double figures... :P[/quote]

No that's when you walk over Camden Lock - however the last time I went I had to side-step a massive pool of vomit, dodge a couple of zombie looking bag ladies, and wade through the bloody crowds around the bus stops - plus a million teenagers enjoying their last weekend of half term - I swear most of them are stoned hence they move at the speed of a retarded snail on morphine... ;) - I've been going to camden on a regular basis for far more years than I care to remember and it is now one of my [i]least [/i]favourite places in London - though the Gallery is an oasis in the desert of grunge....

Yes duck down that little alley by the canal and save yourself 2mins walk - it's a lovely spot on a sunny day too

M

[quote name='bluesparky' post='418083' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:30 AM']Also, whilst walking to the Bass gallery (great place with helpful people) - play a quick game of:

How many people will ask if I "WANT SOME SKUNK WEED MON"?......

I usually get into double figures... ;)[/quote]
That's vet students for you...

Dammit, why wasn't the Bass Gallery there when I was idling away the days in the Royal Vet College before dropping out?

• 9 months later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='680065' date='Dec 10 2009, 11:35 AM']I'm on my way to London now I have to do a quick job in the West then I'm off to the Gallery to try some Jazzes :) I love my Job.[/quote]

My fave shop on the planet... being a bit of a freelancer I can end up spending a good hour there if I'm not careful - a great place - and so much nice gear - try one of the Sadowskys in there, there's a nice four string - I enjoyed the sound of it though I've played more comfortable Jazzs recently...

M

[quote name='bigthumb' post='680478' date='Dec 10 2009, 06:13 PM']New website looks good, just having a browse now. :)[/quote]

I'm just trying to get used to it - was so used to jumping to certain areas on the old one it's become a bit of a steep learning curve to find things :rolleyes:

Edited by purpleblob

[quote name='bigthumb' post='680478' date='Dec 10 2009, 06:13 PM']New website looks good, just having a browse now. :)[/quote]

Looks ace - really pleased they've finally updated it - I likes the old site but it was a little bit all over the place - this is loads better, the pics of the products and basses look great - and er, there's a couple of my vids in the video section - yay!

I can't get in .

I click onto my old "favourite" - Gallery on line , then go to enter the shop , and "web page is unavailable"

Tried googling , and nothing

[quote name='E sharp' post='681600' date='Dec 11 2009, 06:47 PM']I can't get in .

I click onto my old "favourite" - Gallery on line , then go to enter the shop , and "web page is unavailable"

Tried googling , and nothing[/quote]

[url="http://www.thebassgallery.com"]http://www.thebassgallery.com[/url]

works fine for me

• 1 month later...