Why become a member? ×

Off the shelf singlcuts

wotnwhy

just found this on ebay

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spear-S-2-5-String-Blue-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ360132252348QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item360132252348&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spear-S-2-5-String-B...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

certainly looks the part, anyone tried/got one?

I have one, search on Spear GAS for my old thread.

The idea of single cut is pretty simple. You get a stiffer neck and certainly my Spear vibrates like a rampant rabbit. Growltastic.

Spear have also really skewed the top bout so placing your hand is really natural finger style.

I suspect mine is an early one as the blue Bay picutre lacks the 'mute' switch. Spear are also doing a trans red, blonde and nautral finish.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='414803' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:00 PM']He He,, there like estate cars to me, they just dont look right..[/quote]

Funny thing, i am the other way with this..
If they sound right...
And sit right, i am happy. ;)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='414995' date='Feb 20 2009, 08:39 AM']Except for the Status Streamline, of course...
Assuming that it counts!
I [i]think[/i] it does. Just.[/quote]

I came so close to buying a Streamline, gorgeous. As for any other single cut basses, I would rather see my granny naked, and she's been under ground for thirty years.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='415377' date='Feb 20 2009, 02:50 PM']No idea why, but Sterling Ball never went for my vision of a single cut Stingray...

[/quote]

thats one of the nicest singlecut designs i've seen, but then, apart from maybe the shuker singlecut, i dont like singlecuts.

by singlecut, im excluding things like telecasters and les pauls, you know the sort i mean.

[quote name='Golchen' post='414750' date='Feb 19 2009, 08:59 PM']I totally can't cope with single cut basses. They are just disturbing, like seeing your granny naked.
[quote name='bubinga5' post='414803' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:00 PM']
He He,, there like estate cars to me, they just dont look right..[/quote][/quote]

They remind me of hippos I think.

Or maybe [url="http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/1024/dugong.jpg"]dugongs[/url]?

I tried a spear singlecut, it did feel a little lumpy in the body, but it also played very nicely and had a huge growly sound, very nice for the price!

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='415401' date='Feb 20 2009, 03:06 PM']apart from maybe the shuker singlecut, i dont like singlecuts.[/quote]
Yes, but you have to say that ;)

Edited by budget bassist

Why do Warwick need to do a competiotion and take such a long tim ..
I'm not keen on the OP bass but Dood's Shuker "The Doodle" is a great shape. I think it would be just as fab as a 4 or 5

ha ha had to pst that pic - such a giggle ;)

Edited by OldGit