Why become a member? ×

Clarky's wall of shame

Clarky

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1043027' date='Nov 30 2010, 09:51 PM']You have [s]four[/s] five more posts than Chris does![/quote]

I bow to the new master. It's fair to add in my defence however that the slowdown evidenced in my bass gear trading is largely the result of having owned nearly all the Precisions currently on BC. Clarky's progress has of course been hampered by the fact that he keeps poncing around with Jazzes and, dare I say, the odd boutique bass :)

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1049945' date='Dec 6 2010, 10:09 PM']I bow to the new master. It's fair to add in my defence however that the slowdown evidenced in my bass gear trading is largely the result of having owned nearly all the Precisions currently on BC. Clarky's progress has of course been hampered by the fact that he keeps poncing around with Jazzes and, dare I say, the odd boutique bass :)

C[/quote]
Good job nobody spotted I have another feedback thread ... Doh

• 2 weeks later...

Just did an amp swap with Clarky, my Orange Terror for his TC Electronics Classic 450. Sorted out the price/arrangements to collect over the weekend, very good communications.

When I got to his, coffee was readily supplied, and spent a good hour plus chatting abt bass & music, and he let me have a go on his Pino Palladino Signature Precision - nice bass, I want one!

Thoroughly decent guy to do business with.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a Fender Japan fretless from Clarky - what a top bloke. He patiently waited to meet up whilst I was stuck in traffic on the north circular. I knew he was having his hair cut and with all that extra time, I thought I'd be looking out for a bald guy :)

When I mentioned who I'd bought the bass from to a mate of mine (also a bass player AND Gunner), he said, "well, I'd never buy a bass from an Arsenal supporter..." :)

Met up with Clarky yesterday to hand over a rather special instrument. My only regret (apart from passing on a fantastic bass) was that we didn't have longer to talk - Clarky is a pillar of the BC community with an incredible enthusiasm for - and knowledge of - bass. He's also a fantastically accommodating and very understanding buyer. Despite a few problems at my end, the deal was concluded extremely rapidly and Clarky made the funds transfer within minutes of our telephone conversation. Utterly honest, extremely friendly and a gentleman player of our instrument. Thanks for everything! I would recommend Clarky without reservation to any buyer or seller.

[quote name='lozbass' post='1082237' date='Jan 8 2011, 04:03 PM']Met up with Clarky yesterday to hand over a rather special instrument. My only regret (apart from passing on a fantastic bass) was that we didn't have longer to talk - Clarky is a pillar of the BC community with an incredible enthusiasm for - and knowledge of - bass. He's also a fantastically accommodating and very understanding buyer. Despite a few problems at my end, the deal was concluded extremely rapidly and Clarky made the funds transfer within minutes of our telephone conversation. Utterly honest, extremely friendly and a gentleman player of our instrument. Thanks for everything! I would recommend Clarky without reservation to any buyer or seller.[/quote]
I'm blushing now Loz! Just back from the football and heading off to have an hour on that rather lovely instrument :)

• 1 month later...

Had the pleasure of yet another deal with Clarky today. I've left a few FBs for him before but just thought I'd mention that he's still a top bloke, still got great taste in bass gear, and is still a highly recommended bloke to do business with. He's also now got two pieces of kit I'm missing already!

C

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What can I say that hasn't already been said, I know.................don't deal with Clarky he's a nightmare.....!

Ok, so it's not true but I feel better for it. The deal for his Fender neck was an abolute breeze, great comms, super fast postage and a great piece of Fender engineering.

Cheers Clarky it was an absolute pleasure, I look forward to installing the neck.

Deal with this fine fellow with total confidence!

[quote name='Legion' post='1183613' date='Mar 31 2011, 05:41 PM']*whistles innocently*

Seem to have re-purchased my TF back again - another smooth transaction with the Clarkster :)[/quote]

How's a guy to compete with this, it's like insider trading :)