Why become a member? ×

Clarky's wall of shame

Clarky

Spent an enjoyable hour standing on a street corner in Slough (yes, really - Slough!) with Clarky last night :)

We arranged a multiple trade for a few things and he coudn't have been more helpful or organised!

Definitely someone to trust if you're ever in the market to buy, sell or trade :rolleyes:

[quote name='molan' post='889303' date='Jul 8 2010, 10:06 AM']Spent an enjoyable hour standing on a street corner in Slough (yes, really - Slough!) with Clarky last night :)

We arranged a multiple trade for a few things and he coudn't have been more helpful or organised!

Definitely someone to trust if you're ever in the market to buy, sell or trade :lol:[/quote]

OK, firstly, 'multiple trade'? Spill the beans Barrie.

Secondly, standing on a street corner in Slough with Clarky. For an hour? think you're pretty lucky not to have been in need of a solicitor this morning :rolleyes:

[quote name='molan' post='889303' date='Jul 8 2010, 10:06 AM']Spent an enjoyable hour standing on a street corner in Slough (yes, really - Slough!) with Clarky last night[/quote]

There's a theme developing here. I spent an enjoyable 5 minutes standing on a street corner with Clarky in Kensington (better class of deal obviously) on Wednesday night picking up my new toy from him.

I know it's all been said before but he is a complete and utter star and the forum would be a vastly poorer place without him.

• 2 months later...

Clarky and I just carried out a trade on two very expensive basses. He is a thorough professional to deal with. I was updated by email at every stage of the transaction. The bass was exactly as described.
You can deal in confidence with him.
Highly recommended.

Two trades in three months, as part of our joint project to see who can go through the most basses in the shortest time.

Swopped my 74 Jazz for Clarky's 76 fretless Precision. Then swopped my 78 Wal for Clarky's 92 Alembic.

That's rather more than £6000-worth of wood'n'wire, all of it dealt with impeccably.

When dealing with Clarky, it's the attention to detail that gets you. The Alembic uses Dunlop straplocks rather than Schallers. Not many people use the Dunlop system, so they don't have the fittings knocking around.

So Clarky bought a new set of Dunlop straplocks and brought them along as part of the deal. Just in case.

Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my Fender '64 CS Jazz from Clarky.

Regarding to these feedbacks, it wasn't such a surprise, that everything went super well and the transactions were a pleasure.
When dealing with high amounts of money and very expensive instruments, it's all about confidence and confidence he delivers. Gotta say I love Clarky's prompt replies for every question, post, sudden flood of emotions etc.

I sent him a proof of the bank transfer and Clarky trusted me even when I had no previous feedback here on the site and arranged a pickup for the bass. Delivery was super fast, like everything, when dealing with Clarky (over the internet, haha).

I consider Clarky as a very reliable seller and couldn't recommend him more highly!

Thanks for everything Clarky!

// Joona

[quote name='Legion' post='991368' date='Oct 17 2010, 06:04 PM']Had a nice (not) drive over the London this morning - but then had the pleasure of drinking coffee and chatting with Clarky, including a little wheeling and dealing as well.

Top bloke :)[/quote]

There are beans that require spilling here guys....?

• 2 weeks later...