Why become a member? ×

The End! “Auditions for The 602...a diary.”

AndyTravis

Well, like proverbial busses...

here’s the same track with a nice chap called Andy who’s contact us through join my band.

Interestingly - chose similar chords in the first “chorus” to Maurizio.

Seems more outwardly proficient - that’s not always a good thing for a band, if you get what I mean. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13tyhv3FYInxBUj2YFSfroCeVuRjeDOR-/view?usp=drivesdk

2 minutes ago, PatrickJ said:

Actually! @AndyTravis Have you tried mixing Andy's track with Mike's like you did with Maurizo ?

I will be doing later, will also try with Mike’s, just got wife’s mates in the garden going over something which could’ve been a text... 

you know 🙄😂

11 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Like...a “guitar hero” the guy in the football team who goes for glory and misses rather than passes the ball.

In fairness is outro solo was pretty good but I didn't like what he did on the first half of the track.   Thought the other guys did much better at blending with the bass.  Though I'm looking forward to @Dad3353's mix - I am wondering if mixed alongside Mike it might somehow just work.

Edited by PatrickJ

1 minute ago, PatrickJ said:

In fairness is outro solo was pretty good but I didn't like what he did on the first half of the track.   Thought the other guys did much better at blending with the bass.  Though I'm looking forward to @Dad3353's mix - I am wondering if mixed alongside Mike it might somehow just work.

I’m listening back to the rehearsal from last night, Maurizio did well. And was a nice guy. He also came back first, and seems easy to work with.

Meeting Mike on Wednesday.

Do Mike and Maurizio know about one another? They do really complement one another's style. It could be the start of a beautiful friendship. They'll end up going away and forming their own band. 

Edited by gjones
  • Like 1

Just now, gjones said:

Do Mike and Maurizio know about one another? They do really complement one another. It could be the start of a beautiful friendship. They'll end up going away and forming their own band. 

They do - been very open throughout the process.

And if they form their own band...then so be it, most people bore of me quickly 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’m listening back to the rehearsal from last night, Maurizio did well. And was a nice guy. He also came back first, and seems easy to work with.

Meeting Mike on Wednesday.

And let's be realistic, you can't have two Andy's in the band!

Edited by PatrickJ

The 'threesome' mix has its interest; I agree that Andy is chucking it out well enough; after all, all three were demoing for a lone guitar spot. He fills the space; maybe a bit 'too much', depending on taste. The 'Santana' solo is competent enough in a '70s fashion; t'would fit, depending on repertoire. Still, mix'n'match gives a clear win (to me, but what would I know...) to Mike and Momo. If only one was to be retained, Andy has his chance; if there's an opening for two, it's the 'M' twins that shine. Our Andy certainly has some hard decisions coming up, the lucky so-and-so..! B|

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I still prefer  the first two gitwrists.  Andy's good mind, but i like choppyness / funkyness of  the others

Yeah. Sounds a bit harsh, but I want the two guys.

I always demo stuff with two guitar parts, I always want a keys player...but that’s another headache.

Mike seems to use interesting sounds at points like really lo fi plate reverb etc. Which means no need for keys.

Edit - this Andy chap really can play. Just not certain I’d get the results and layers I want.

While I’m proud of our EP which we did within six months of forming, it feels empty at times.

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Well, like proverbial busses...

here’s the same track with a nice chap called Andy who’s contact us through join my band.

Interestingly - chose similar chords in the first “chorus” to Maurizio.

Seems more outwardly proficient - that’s not always a good thing for a band, if you get what I mean. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13tyhv3FYInxBUj2YFSfroCeVuRjeDOR-/view?usp=drivesdk

It's decent, but it lacked 'something' compared to the other two. He seems to be better at lead than Maurizio, but something about it makes me feel he sounds a bit too much like a potential 'guitar hero', while the other two played more for the song, if you know what I mean. Maurizio lacks a bit of finesse/control but overall I think he's more musical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mcnach said:

It's decent, but it lacked 'something' compared to the other two. He seems to be better at lead than Maurizio, but something about it makes me feel he sounds a bit too much like a potential 'guitar hero', while the other two played more for the song, if you know what I mean. Maurizio lacks a bit of finesse/control but overall I think he's more musical.

Yeah, Dave Navarro didn’t last long in the chilis...😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thunderbird said:

It's a shame about Big Al would of been good if the band was willing to dock his rehearsal money from his gig money but then again it's not really practical 

It was deeper seated than that - looking back, zero enthusiastic input, we changed rehearsal venues to help with transport situation (it was in his bus route) and he still wanted to leave early.

I empathise with people who have struggles - I’ve been there. But he made out he could (and was willing to) contribute to costs, rehearsals and ideas - but failed on every count.

in hindsight we took him as the best of a bad bunch. And it shot us in the foot.

When we let him know the news, there was nothing by way of reply, he just blocked me on Facebook (I know...) and that was that.

In all honesty, he contributed so little I can’t say I regret the decision.

• Like 1