Why become a member? ×

AeroTech cabs from GR. Wow

karlfer

26 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Looks like the fridge era has come to an end. Still remember my Ampeg SVT rig at 120 kilos...  40 kilos for the head and 80 kilos for the 8x10". We were young and...

Fridges still live on: now that's surely food for thought! 

😁

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Looks like the fridge era has come to an end. Still remember my Ampeg SVT rig at 120 kilos...  40 kilos for the head and 80 kilos for the 8x10". We were young and...

I remember helping a band with their flightcased 810 up the 2 flights of stairs at the back of The 100 Club. I wasn’t young, and neither were the other 6 people also struggling with it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

I remember helping a band with their flightcased 810 up the 2 flights of stairs at the back of The 100 Club. I wasn’t young, and neither were the other 6 people also struggling with it!

At least we know if anyone walks off with a cab that size its not going to be a bass player 😁.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

I needed help to carry my 20kg 410 up and down those stairs!!

On 26/05/2021 at 17:24, Al Krow said:

Nope. The shootout is really looking to compare two cabs of the same weight. That's a key selling point of the GR AT cabs, certainly for me.

The GR 212 is 28 lbs. I'm sure it will perform well against any cab of that weight however that other cab has been configured. 

What are these lbs you speak of? So its just short of 13Kg.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

What are these lbs you speak of? So its just short of 13Kg.

1kg = 2.2lbs

1" = 2.54cm

1 mile = 1.61km

Oh and the Babylonians also invented a great system based on 6 rather than 10...check your watch some time. 

12 hours in a waking day and the same again for night, a bit like 12" in a foot? Now why would anyone divide something by 12 instead of 10? As for 7 days in a week and months being a random 28 to 31 days in length...and, God forbid, that you might wander into your local and ask for a "pint"?!

That's what I am speaking of.

😄

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 3

You also have the 28 system based on the moon, the 60 system based on minutes and seconds, the 365 system based on the sun which must be corrected every 2 years, the 5 system based on your fingers, the 12 system based on the months and the delirious royal system that has been abolished in 1999 after a whole century to adapt to the MKS system (apparently it didn't work at all :biggrin: ). From now on, I shall speaks in halfhands for weight, in peenuts for time based on the time between two pees and semilegs for distance, so it will be very clear. All these new measures won't be fixed, but will depend on my mood, the speed of the wind and the amount of rain per day.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

You also have the 28 system based on the moon, the 60 system based on minutes and seconds, the 365 system based on the sun which must be corrected every 2 FOUR years... 

Just correcting your correction 😁

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I didn't know they all had 6 fingers.

That's 'cos they didn't. 

But their sexagesimal based system (e.g. 6x10 mins in the hour) has taken the world be storm. Actually it was originally thought to be the bright idea of the Sumerians who passed it on to the Babylonians.

Why was it such a good system? Its mathematical advantages for writing and calculating fractions.

Edited by Al Krow

5 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Plus 3 days every 10.000 years to be very precise. Bloody dyslexic mathematicians.

To be really precise, the length of a day is gradually getting longer, so years are 'getting longer', if you count days (although barely changing in terms of seconds).

On 17/08/2021 at 09:57, Al Krow said:

1kg = 2.2lbs

1" = 2.54cm

1 mile = 1.61km

Oh and the Babylonians also invented a great system based on 6 rather than 10...check your watch some time. 

12 hours in a waking day and the same again for night, a bit like 12" in a foot? Now why would anyone divide something by 12 instead of 10? As for 7 days in a week and months being a random 28 to 31 days in length...and, God forbid, that you might wander into your local and ask for a "pint"?!

That's what I am speaking of.

😄

The pint is the one Imperial measurement still in wide use in the uk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

The pint is the one Imperial measurement still in wide use in the uk.

I'm clearly part of a minority then in being comfortable with being told how much folks' basses weigh in lbs and also clearly deluded in thinking that our speed limits are still stated in mph, despite it apparently being an imperial measure which is not in "wide use in the UK" 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

I'm clearly part of a minority then in being comfortable with being told how much folks' basses weigh in lbs and also clearly deluded in thinking that our speed limits are still stated in mph, despite it apparently being an imperial measure which is not in "wide use in the UK" 😁

I'm sure my waist isn't 32cm... and I don't weigh 12kg 13g.

13 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Bars get away with blue murder here on account of no official recognition of 'pint' any more. A pint can be any somewhat larger glass/mug/thimble they say is a 'pint'.

And governments get away with even more.  Their taxes on beer make the stuff, which is 99% water, more expensive than petrol.

I forgot  MPH lol, However if you go to the hospital they weigh you in Kg and g. You buy your food in grams and kilograms. Your beer is between 3 and 6% alcohol add a few other ingredient and the water content is between 90 and 95%. The cost of beer in pubs is high becuse of the greed of the goverment (the Beer Levy) and greedy breweries/pubcos. We still qoute the economy of cars in MPG  yet buy our fuel in Litres. Four legs good, two legs bad.

Sorry for derailing the thread. I'm off now.🤘

Edited by Chienmortbb