Why become a member? ×

New Epiphone Thunderbird Pro basses

Boneless

[url="http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=1412"]http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=1412[/url]

Finally a neck-through Far Eastern alternative to the Gibson.

...I know, I know... it's an active T-bird, but hey, it doesn't take much to run it in passive ;)

Plus, they're gorgeous :)
The Translucent Black is fabulous, the Sunburst even more... the Natural Oil it's kinda weird for a T-bird :P but interesting nonetheless.

Aaaaaarrrggghh!!! Just this evening have I decided I really miss my old epi tbird and then see this!!!
Ah well as it goes they're gonna be out my range anyway but maybe now I'll stand a better chance of picking up a cheap used old style one, I noticed they had come down.

I have to admit that my Gothic Epi Thunderbird was the best bass I ever owned. I just couldn't live with the neck dive. Now if these ones are less susceptible then I will have one.

Yes, people, you heard it here. The Epi T-bird out of all the Fenders, Warwicks, blah blah that I ever owned was the best bass I ever had.

Dagnammit, another bass I want. Why can't we all be friends?

I'd be lying if those didn't go straight to the top of the gas list, not overly fond of them being actives (it's a T-Bird ffs!), but neck through epi with proper woods?

Please ;)

Thank god I bought my normal one so I can live without the new one. For now anyway.

These look very yummy...the black one looks lovely. [url="http://www2.gibson.com/getdoc/bbfc3c88-40dd-47b4-8da6-8fd01dd112ac/EBTPTBBH-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx"]HERE[/url] The headstock looks a little more chunky than the Gibson, but the Epiphone logo kind of carries it off. I have a black BadAss II somehwere here from my unfinished Spectorbird project too.

To affirm the US pricing, the 5-string carries an MSRP of $999, the 4-string $832.
P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='375935' date='Jan 10 2009, 09:37 AM']To affirm the US pricing, the 5-string carries an MSRP of $999, the 4-string $832.
P[/quote]

Now that's not bad considering a gibbon T-Bird comes out at $1799 according to the updated Gibbo website.

Wonder what the UK prices are going to be, anything around £500-600 and it falls between Fender MIM and MIA and is half price of the Gibbo (shows how much you're paying for name), which puts it in a prime position marketwise.

It's probably going to cost like a Corvette Standard (around 700€, which is, yeah, about £600). Maybe something less. It's not such a prime position, really, since a Tribute's gonna cost less, a Cort Artisan likewise. It's comparing to a MIJ Fender, I think. Probably the most important factor are going to be the pickups and the preamp, the way I see it. If they're going to be any good, it will probably be a good buy, otherwise many people will steer towards the Gibson Studios ;)

Ok Egor, my evil plan has taken a step nearer to fruition.

First, we buy the black five string version. Then we take our trusty chop saw to the headstock and replace it with a ball end holder. Then we add Status style tuning keys at the body end of the bass. And then Egor, having solved the infamous neck dive issue, WE TAKE OVER ZEE WORLD HA HA HA HA HA

[quote name='Boneless' post='376235' date='Jan 10 2009, 04:08 PM']It's probably going to cost like a Corvette Standard (around 700€, which is, yeah, about £600). Maybe something less. It's not such a prime position, really, since a Tribute's gonna cost less, a Cort Artisan likewise. It's comparing to a MIJ Fender, I think. Probably the most important factor are going to be the pickups and the preamp, the way I see it. If they're going to be any good, it will probably be a good buy, otherwise many people will steer towards the Gibson Studios ;)[/quote]
Dude, i think they are just about 400-500 pounds cuz a Gibson one cost 800-900 pounds now.