Why become a member? ×

Coolest Bass Player

jwbassman

cool bass players?
Adam Nitti, he did a masterclass at my uni the day after bass day 2006, god that guy can play, my guitarist friend came along, and was like ad shut ur mouth and stop droolin all the way through lol, met him at the end, and he was a great guy to talk too, and modest jeez...

nerdy bass players
Geddy Lee, man what a great player, but reminds me of a geek lol

Ad

[quote name='wizbat' post='39288' date='Jul 30 2007, 11:15 PM']Who,s this dan fellow???. :)[/quote]

This muppet:- [url="http://www.licklibrary.com/ContributorViewProfile.aspx?ID=u93pj1j8ovE%3d"]http://www.licklibrary.com/ContributorView...=u93pj1j8ovE%3d[/url]

[quote name='bass_in_ya_face' post='40715' date='Aug 2 2007, 11:47 PM']i think i'm in luuuurve[/quote]

Everyone loves Lydia - I still prefer the pink bobble hat phase though.

Hey, they should get her for Bass Day! Can we start a campaign?

If it's 'cool' as in the way someone acts on stage, I'd put a vote in for Guy Pratt. He always looks so chilled out and unphased by whats going on around him, whilst say Mssr's Sheehan, Hamm etc are either rockin out or in deep concentration. (Not a bad thing of course, but for being -100 on the chilled out scale, GP is there!)

must admit I've been chuffed with the interest - I've posted about a few other bits and pieces and only had a handful of replies so it's been good to topic that has engaged with the masses - thanks for all your responses guys :)

there's loads of new players here for me to investigate...

Great topic!

I support all these guys in their choices.

I suppose the coolest bass player is the last one I can remember who blew me away, however, there are so many.

Of those I've seen live, I guess Avishai Cohen is up there.