Why become a member? ×

FLANKER you ............?

Flanker

I like Steve. He's a top bloke. Always great to talk to and owns far too much nice gear. (thanks for letting me try your Epi' cab... if you have seen my posts you know what happened next!)

• 3 months later...

The man is a complete legend. There I was held up after an accident closed the A40 and THEN another accident stalled traffic on the M1 and, despite being rostered to fly out that afternoon, Steve bent over backwards to stay and make sure I got the bass. I arrived with literally minutes to spare before his flight left and we barely had a chance to speak.

So I'd like to publically say a huge thank you to Steve for hanging in there while I dealt with quite possibly the second worst journey ever up past Luton. The bass is exactly what I hoped it would be and I'm definitely planning on gigging with it! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many moons ago (Larry Graham ?) I bought an Alembic from Steve and a couple of days ago we met up again and I took possesion of my old CS 1970 Jazz.... The Perfect gent, the perfect deal !

Top Gun !!!

Mark

Edited by Marcus

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='jocke' post='149749' date='Mar 2 2008, 12:04 PM']Flanker bought a Bergantino ip112 from me.
It was a really smooth international deal.
Thanks![/quote]

I then bought it from Steve. Just fabulous.

• 2 months later...

I bought Steve's LMII + gigbag a good few weeks ago now- it's a cracking little head! Didn't deal with him face-to-face on this occasion (agreed the deal via PM and phone, then my mum picked up the goods!), but I'm sure we'll cross paths next time I'm back in MK! :huh: The goods were (and still are) in super condition and very reasonably priced... Steve's a great guy to chat to AND do business with- if he ever has any more Berg gear to sell, I'll be right in there!

Recommended!

Etienne :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend Steve.. He's a smashing fella.
He was good enough to meet me halfway at no extra cost when I bought the Epi 212...
We got to gassing about old times and although our paths have never crossed I went away feeling like I'd re-united with an old buddy.

Top Bloke...

Andy

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys you are making me blush!! :wub:

Rumple the CD was by :Robert Randolph and the Family Band
Title : Unclassified

Great stuff. If it doesn't get you moving you must be in a coma!
Only recently saw them on a MSN video link on Talkbass on a Mesa Big Block 750 thread.

• 1 month later...

Well, myself and Flanker met at a service station yesterday and - somewhat surprisingly given our reputations - didn't buy, sell, trade or PX anything :) Interestingly though, he seemed to be about to trade one of his kids fo a bass, which seems a great idea :huh:
Anyway, seemed like a bloody nice chap and I'm sure we'll do business one day!
Chris