Why become a member? ×

So who's seeing the New Year in with their band?

Jase

[quote name='Alun' post='367081' date='Dec 31 2008, 02:00 PM']Depping with a function band in the Celtic Manor hotel in Newport, S. Wales. Long night - 6pm soundcheck, 5 other acts on first, finish our third set at 1.30am but the money is very good :)

Cheers
Alun[/quote]
Very nice place, Celtic Manor IIRC..

We're gigging tonight at the 6 Bells in Chiddingly, East Sussex.. It's a small pub which holds 150 people and they've sold it out so it will be absolutely rammed.. Three sets, start at 9.30pm and finish at 1am; should be a great night!

Happy New Year Folks - have a good one! :huh:

[quote name='Alun' post='367081' date='Dec 31 2008, 02:00 PM']Depping with a function band in the Celtic Manor hotel in Newport, S. Wales. Long night - 6pm soundcheck, 5 other acts on first, finish our third set at 1.30am but the money is very good :)

Cheers
Alun[/quote]

Very posh...best get your skates on mate :huh:

[quote name='silverfoxnik']Three sets, start at 9.30pm and finish at 1am[/quote]

Yeah right :huh: I've seen you play there on a quiet Sunday afternoon and they made you play staright through for about that length of time then, no chance of a break tonight :huh:

Have a good 'un though ( and everyone else whether gigging or not)

Myself, I'm off to a music quiz with three lovely ladies :)

[quote name='ARGH' post='367174' date='Dec 31 2008, 03:51 PM']Nope,not playing this year,but the new band Ive joined will officially announce my joining tonight,via the world wide web,I believe.[/quote]

Have you got a link for the new band Ross?

I'm playing tonight at a private party. It's going to be quite a challenge though. I'm guesting on rhythm g**tar with another local band and I've only got a couple of hours to learn the songs! It can't be that hard can it? :)

I can't even have a lot to drink as I've got to get up for work at 5.45am!

Have a great time tonight folks,

Mart

Edited by woodenshirt

Not tonight-got one Saturday though. Can't be bothered to do anything tonight-might nip out for a bite to eat in a mo, but we'll be back in plenty of time. I'm quite looking forward to Jools-the Hold Steady are on, a recent discovery of mine. Like a cross between Springsteen and Husker Du.

Forgot to mention-Happy New Year, Basschatters!

Edited by Deep Thought

[quote name='Kirky' post='367216' date='Dec 31 2008, 04:37 PM']Yep, gigging at the Harlow in Harrogate. With a very experienced dep drummer (our regular drummer has a gig with his other band). Looking forward to it.[/quote]

Played there a few weeks ago, nice easy load in through the back door, easy set up area and plenty of room to move. Nice and friendly audience who were up for a dance as well so you should have a good gig. What's the name of your band ??