Jump to content
TransistorBassMan

New Fender range - "Vintera"

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

Was this the "technically the first 5-string" bass that was designed to be tuned E-C? It does seem like a bit of an own goal to go to the trouble of extending the instrument's range with the extra string, to then simultaneously cut short its range by stopping the neck at the 15th fret...

Maybe they had concerns about string tension effects on the neck? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

That was the Elite II, produced in 1983. There was a single-pup version called the Elite I (but you could probably have worked that out!)

Just to confound my search, I see that the "Elite" name has now been re-purposed for their active P/J Precisions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EliasMooseblaster said:

Just to confound my search, I see that the "Elite" name has now been re-purposed for their active P/J Precisions.

And will soon be rebranded again, apparently 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

This would’ve done it. Don’t know why they did a Mexican version of the rascal bass, and a version of the cabronita that the custom shop did...but not the Lotto telecaster bass.

41490D3D-0757-4A14-85A2-92EB8FC2A935.jpeg

They did a Modern Player Telecaster made in China a couple of years back that was kind of close but no where near as stunning as this one

 

 

 

fender-modern-player-series-telecaster-bass-butterscotch-blonde-maple-313216.jpg

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Delberthot said:

They did a Modern Player Telecaster made in China a couple of years back that was kind of close but no where near as stunning as this one

 

 

 

fender-modern-player-series-telecaster-bass-butterscotch-blonde-maple-313216.jpg

Oh I know, not as nice at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

I just like the look of the Bass V, much as I do many of Fender's orphan designs (e.g. Musiclander, Electric XII)

The Electric XII is a great design, I like the way the headstock looks like it was left out in the sun. "What are we going to do with the headstock on this, its a bit dull - I know, extend it a bit and make it droop over"

 

18 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

...and let's not forget:

PBESBG2.jpg

 

 

I loved the elite II, I almost got one  (not in that colour it has to be said) but then I realised how much I didn't like Ps, and that I didn't play 4 strings, but it was still somehow tempting!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

The pics weren't available last time I looked, but they are back up now. I keep telling myself that I don't *need* another mustang, but the sunburst one looks rather tasty

0149653300_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

have waited a day and am just about to pull the trigger on this Andersons have them at 719£

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duroc17 said:

have waited a day and am just about to pull the trigger on this Andersons have them at 719£

trigger pulled new bass day next Thursday

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

got the Mustang - very close to the original - crappy strings, but great pups, tone range, tuners, intonation nearly there out of box, action a little high at 12th - strings or neck after playing for hours left my fingers covered in residue - never had this before - basically very good bass that flats will make into a great bass - get one!

Edited by Duroc17
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked up a Vintera P yesterday and it's considerably better than the Classic 50s P that I owned for a while. Everything about the build is better and, in my (dubious) opinion, the seafoam green and gold pg combo is disgustingly delicious. 

Nothing new about it per se, but it's an improved take on a decent instrument in the 50s P. I needed a P and more than happy with the quality for the price. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tobiewharton said:

I just picked up a Vintera P yesterday and it's considerably better than the Classic 50s P that I owned for a while. Everything about the build is better and, in my (dubious) opinion, the seafoam green and gold pg combo is disgustingly delicious. 

Nothing new about it per se, but it's an improved take on a decent instrument in the 50s P. I needed a P and more than happy with the quality for the price. 

I really like mine too 👍

20190817_201703.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad the two-tone sunburst is no longer available, and the glossy neck is a no-no for me, but nothing some fine grit and steel wool can't fix. Quality is great but I think they're overpriced by about a hundred quid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/06/2019 at 15:15, wateroftyne said:

...and let's not forget:

21945441-jpg.3042669

 

What is this bass?  It's the most un-fender fender I've ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

What is this bass?  It's the most un-fender fender I've ever seen.

Something to do with the chap from Alien Ant Farm, I believe. I'm too old to know anything about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Something to do with the chap from Alien Ant Farm, I believe. I'm too old to know anything about them.

Ha, they were actually the first band I saw live when I moved to London

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm sure  it's cheaper than the MIM 50's P bass was & definitely built better 

Edited by artisan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...