Why become a member? ×

Sei Flamboyant 6 string £750

dub_junkie

[quote name='Golchen' post='356360' date='Dec 16 2008, 08:39 PM']That looks some bass for the price!!!!! I'd be a bit wary of just sending money that far though.[/quote]

Well D-basser and the seller are both in Glasgow and the add says "Cash and Collection only"

what's the worst that can happen?

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='356377' date='Dec 16 2008, 09:03 PM']good luck with it d-basser. certainly seems a [b]steal[/b] for what it is[/quote]
That's the only thing that worries me about it... 750 quid for such a bass seems a bit too "shift it as quickly as possible".
Of course, if it is completely kosher, then I take it all back.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='356595' date='Dec 17 2008, 01:47 AM']Sounds like a bargain. If you need a lift through let me know.

All I need is petrol money, a strong coffee and a shot of your Dingwall[/quote]

wish I had seen this earlier, gonna get a taxi. If you want to ever come try my Dingwall and Sei then just bring your Schroeder and I will get the coffee on the go

[quote name='d-basser' post='357657' date='Dec 18 2008, 10:58 AM']yeah, some other bloke tried it the day before me and didn't take it!!! more the fool him[/quote]
I'm the "some other bloke".

I liked it, but for me I decided the neck was just a bit too shallow and the string spacing was just a bit too close together. Also, I needed it for pit work and I would have had to get the pre-amp properly seen to - couldn't be sure it was 100% reliable. And there was a dent near the tone pots (cosmetic issue only). But the main reason is that I wasn't particularly in the market for a 6 string. Certainly a great deal for the money, though - I was tempted. Nice purchase!

Douglas.