TheGreek

Iceni (Zoot) 4 string BIN £264

I had one of these. Wonderfully well made. I couldn’t quite get over the body shape, just a taste thing. 

Custom built bass by Mike Walsh for that money is silly. 

• Like 1

Thing is, are they any good? I would imagine you can’t go wrong with a hand made UK built bass for less than a Mex Fender.

I’ve owned some zoot cabs and they were really good but his basses???

Posted (edited)

Wasn’t there a zoot bass made in Japan for a bit? Is this one of them?

Edited by AndyTravis

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Wasn’t there a zoot bass made in Japan for a bit? Is this one of them?

Yep there was. I know Mike well and I'm sure he mentioned they were made in the same factory as the last Nanyo Bass Collections. They were Zoot Chasers I think.

This isn't, (wasn't as it's now sold), one of those it's a Custom shop one from mike's fair hands.

4 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

Yep there was. I know Mike well and I'm sure he mentioned they were made in the same factory as the last Nanyo Bass Collections. They were Zoot Chasers I think.

This isn't, (wasn't as it's now sold), one of those it's a Custom shop one from mike's fair hands.

Wow. I passed it by as one of the cheaper models. What an asshat I feel.

• Haha 1

I thought the Chasers were only partly made overseas and were finished in the UK? They were £900 new IIRC and were still high end basses, cheaper but not cheap. Either way the eBay bass is far too cheap, whoever got that is extremely fortunate.

47 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

I thought the Chasers were only partly made overseas and were finished in the UK? They were £900 new IIRC and were still high end basses, cheaper but not cheap. Either way the eBay bass is far too cheap, whoever got that is extremely fortunate.

Think you are right @lemmywinks I've had a few conversations with Mike about the Chasers and now you mention it, rings a bell. It was around the time he had a retail outlet selling bass gear.

I would have bought it but trying to flip it for £265 on here would have destroyed my reputation... 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1