Why become a member? ×

Heads up! Great VST deals spotted

Mcgiver69

1 hour ago, Owen said:

Logic 10.7.1

Big Sur

I will have to hunt for the plug-in sub-menus cos I have not looked (and did not know to do so).

I am presuming it is the 64bit version because there was only one option.

Thank you :)

for AU (Apple/Logic plugin format) it'll be (hard drive name)\Library\Audio\Plugins\Components 

5 hours ago, Owen said:

Logic 10.7.1

Big Sur

I will have to hunt for the plug-in sub-menus cos I have not looked (and did not know to do so).

I am presuming it is the 64bit version because there was only one option.

Thank you :)

When you apply a plug-in to a track in the default settings all the Logic Plug-ins appear at the top of the list by category, and the 3rd party ones are right at the bottom under "Audio Units" and then in sub-menus for each manufacturer. I believe there is a way to change this order but I haven't felt the need to do this. If you have done this either on purpose or inadvertently then your new plug-in could be anywhere (I'd start by checking the effect type in belongs under - delay?)

Also check in Preference > Plug-in Manager. Again 3rd party plugins will be at the bottom of the first column list.

• Like 1

Thanks, all my other 3rd parties were where I expected (bottom of the list) but this one was AWOL.

The software company came back and told me to "Please restart the computer, launch Logic and "Reset & Rescan Selection" for the plugin in Logic's Plug-in Manager to validate." and then the magic happened.  Interestingly, the tick box to use it was not ticked. I ticked it, reset them all and the magic happened. Thanks (as usual) everyone for your input.

Edited by Owen

1 hour ago, Owen said:

Thanks, all my other 3rd parties were where I expected (bottom of the list) but this one was AWOL.

The software company came back and told me to "Please restart the computer, launch Logic and "Reset & Rescan Selection" for the plugin in Logic's Plug-in Manager to validate." and then the magic happened.  Interestingly, the tick box to use it was not ticked. I ticked it, reset them all and the magic happened. Thanks (as usual) everyone for your input.

Glad you got it to work in the end. However the fact that the Mac required a restart for it to recognise the plug-in would make me somewhat cautious about it's continued compatibility with future OS upgrades. The whole point of CoreAudio and AudioUnits plug-ins is that they should be recognised on install and not require these kinds of interventions for them to work. Personally I blame iLok and I won't entertain any plug-in that requires it to function.

17 minutes ago, lowdown said:

I have had this for a while and it's a nice little library. But I must point out, it's not a 'Fruit Shaker', it's a 'Fruit & Veg Shaker...'

What swung it for me (apart from being free) was the library of loops have a 5/4 section. You try finding prerecorded percussion loops in odd meter!!

1 hour ago, paul_5 said:

What swung it for me (apart from being free) was the library of loops have a 5/4 section. You try finding prerecorded percussion loops in odd meter!!

It's worth getting to know the interface well, there are a lot of options available, including rolls etc...

Also, you can create just about any metre you want using the step creator. And like you say...it's free.

1.thumb.JPG.90e5ac7f415d36ea88c98067ffc9830c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/03/2023 at 18:14, Owen said:

I've been watching the posts explode recently about this one. I've not installed it yet, but I do have ToneX, the Neural DSP QC on my desk too (review kit) so it'd be interesting to see what it can do for us bassists as well! I'll report back when I get time to add this one to the test bench.