Why become a member? ×

Heads up! Great VST deals spotted

Mcgiver69

51 minutes ago, lowdown said:

Yes, pretty amazing really.

It looks like there will be plenty more male/female vocal styles and additional language updates to the existing library.

Certainly really impressive if you want to have japanese children singing in your song. I guess it won't be too long until you can get rid of the singer alltogether. Or have entirely computer generated supergroups.

16 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Certainly really impressive if you want to have japanese children singing in your song. I guess it won't be too long until you can get rid of the singer alltogether. Or have entirely computer generated supergroups.

It's equally impressive with the 3rd party adult Western voices, like from this company in the link below.

Import the voice and then manipulate note/pitch, timing, tuning, words, phrasing, vibrato etc and make the performance yours. That is done inside Synthesizer V Pro (my original post).

There are all manner of different vocal Modes and updates in the very near future.

Eclipsed Sounds | SOLARIA

On 23/08/2022 at 16:45, Woodinblack said:

Impressive. I mean it sounds like one of those generic women karaoke singers in a pub, but it does at least actually sound human, so that is both impressive and a bit worrying at the same time.

I had a quick play with it , but it seems a lot of work to get a vocal down even before tying it up with a track .

you can manipulate the vocal wav file with pitching software that can take some of the oriental out of the voice.

the tutorials are pants that I’ve found ! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lurksalot said:

I had a quick play with it , but it seems a lot of work to get a vocal down even before tying it up with a track .

you can manipulate the vocal wav file with pitching software that can take some of the oriental out of the voice.

the tutorials are pants that I’ve found ! 

Over at VI Control there is a thread with tips and stuff (now currently at page 83.....:D)

Synthesizer V - Vocaloid haters might want to check this | Page 1

Someone on post #1,647 has a few videos using Reaper.

Reaper and Synthesizer V

• Thanks 1

I've been doing stuff with Vocaloids and Alter Ego for some years, and would be interested in this synth voice once my budget allows it. There's a learning curve, but the vocal results are quite impressive (within a certain genre; I doubt there's much to rival Janis Joplin...). Far better, in any case, than anything I could come up with with my own dulcit tones. I'll get to it later, and would hope for some male voices, too. B|

• Like 1

On 26/08/2022 at 15:12, Dad3353 said:

I've been doing stuff with Vocaloids and Alter Ego for some years, and would be interested in this synth voice once my budget allows it. There's a learning curve, but the vocal results are quite impressive (within a certain genre; I doubt there's much to rival Janis Joplin...). Far better, in any case, than anything I could come up with with my own dulcit tones. I'll get to it later, and would hope for some male voices, too. B|

It seems people are starting to get to grips with the App.

Have a quick listen to the second track (We've Only Just begun).)

'We've Only Just Begun'

I've had a look at EmVoice, too (free trial version, limited in range for the voices...). Here's a quickie, done in a few seconds, and only a few seconds long. It's far easier, I find, than Vocaloids or Synth V, for sketching stuff out. It doesn't sound too bad, to my cloth ears. (Three voices, 'gash' harmony of sorts...)...

All Cubase 12 versions now have 40% off through September.

Existing owners of earlier versions also have the chance of good update/upgrades to version 12.

It seems they have thrown a few freebies in as well.

Steinberg are now mostly dongle free apart from a few older VST's. These are still being migrated over to the new system.

The new system means you can now use more than one machine at a time.

Cubase Sale: Save 40% ➔ Get Free Plug-ins | Steinberg

On 03/09/2022 at 12:35, lowdown said:

All Cubase 12 versions now have 40% off through September.

Existing owners of earlier versions also have the chance of good update/upgrades to version 12.

It seems they have thrown a few freebies in as well.

Steinberg are now mostly dongle free apart from a few older VST's. These are still being migrated over to the new system.

The new system means you can now use more than one machine at a time.

Cubase Sale: Save 40% ➔ Get Free Plug-ins | Steinberg

Thanks! Definitely upgrading my Cubase Elements from 10 to 12 right away!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Naigewron said:

That is, I would, if the Steinberg Download Manager would let me log in. Anyone else having issues with their Steinberg login?

If you are talking about the (newish) 'Steinberg Download Assistant', it's all working fine for me (I'm on PC).

Although, there was an update for it on Friday which took an age to update.

8 minutes ago, lowdown said:

If you are talking about the (newish) 'Steinberg Download Assistant', it's all working fine for me (I'm on PC).

Although, there was an update for it on Friday which took an age to update.

It tells me to log in and opens a login window in my browser, but once I enter my email and password it just hangs forever.

I'll try again later I guess.

With some programmes, I find that the next input box is hidden behind the last one opened, so the PC is waiting for a button to be pushed that you can't see. A spot of 'Alt-Tab' shifts the focus, usually, so that the waiting message box comes to the fore. Worth looking into, maybe..? B|

32 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

With some programmes, I find that the next input box is hidden behind the last one opened, so the PC is waiting for a button to be pushed that you can't see. A spot of 'Alt-Tab' shifts the focus, usually, so that the waiting message box comes to the fore. Worth looking into, maybe..? B|

No I can press the button fine, and then I just get an eternal "Loading" indicator in the web browser window. Switching back to the download assistant or restarting it doesn't do anything either, so it's obvious that the login request isn't authenticated.

• Like 1