Why become a member? ×

Heads up! Great VST deals spotted

Mcgiver69

• 2 weeks later...

Ugritone have a Halloween sale on so I picked up the Arena Rock drum VST for $8.50 - the VST price of $10.00 plus a 15% discount offered online as well - what's not to like!

https://ugritone.com/collections/deals?smid=24963795&smsub=AUS46O4BXHXH6TCMKWVNML43L4======&utm_campaign=smartrmail_manualcampaign_181022_24963795&utm_medium=email&utm_source=smartrmail

Edited by DaytonaRik
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2022 at 08:29, DaytonaRik said:

Ugritone have a Halloween sale on so I picked up the Arena Rock drum VST for $8.50 - the VST price of $10.00 plus a 15% discount offered online as well - what's not to like!

https://ugritone.com/collections/deals?smid=24963795&smsub=AUS46O4BXHXH6TCMKWVNML43L4======&utm_campaign=smartrmail_manualcampaign_181022_24963795&utm_medium=email&utm_source=smartrmail

thanks for the heads up, I need another drum VST like I need a hole in the head but grabbed some of the midi packs to jam to :)

On 28/10/2022 at 22:07, velvetkevorkian said:

thanks for the heads up, I need another drum VST like I need a hole in the head but grabbed some of the midi packs to jam to :)

I use SSD5.5 almost exclusively with my Jobeky hybrid kit but some of the sounds on the Arena Rock pack were pretty good so took an $8.50 punt!  They're never going to compete sonically with the CLA expansion pack but it's fun to play with some different kits/sounds now and again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While considering selling my Stymon Big Sky and buying the plugin, I ran into this. It looks like it wants to be a Big Sky when it grows up. I have no idea how it compares but the reviews look good and it is 10% of the price of the Blue Sky plugin at the moment.

https://joeysturgistones.com/collections/mixing-effects/products/jst-sky-box

Edited by Owen

19 hours ago, Owen said:

While considering selling my Stymon Big Sky and buying the plugin, I ran into this. It looks like it wants to be a Big Sky when it grows up. I have no idea how it compares but the reviews look good and it is 10% of the price of the Blue Sky plugin at the moment.

https://joeysturgistones.com/collections/mixing-effects/products/jst-sky-box

Thanks for the heads up - I nearly missed this little gem.

I downloaded the 'JST Sky Box' for $19. It's excellent.!! If you are not sure, try the 14 day demo.

:D

1 hour ago, Owen said:

If only I could get Logic to recognise it. I have done what I do with all plugins, and done the iLok thang but it is just not showing up after I reboot Logic. Ho hum. Any ideas?

Sorry, I can't help with that. I'm on Windows/Nuendo.

One thing, when you get up and running. The CPU usage is very low.

15 hours ago, Owen said:

If only I could get Logic to recognise it. I have done what I do with all plugins, and done the iLok thang but it is just not showing up after I reboot Logic. Ho hum. Any ideas?

Which version of Logic? Which version of Mac OS?

Have you checked all the plug-in sub-menus - the two 3rd Party plug-ins I have are hidden away there.

I trust you have downloaded the 64bit AU version of this plug-in and not any of the others?

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Which version of Logic? Which version of Mac OS?

Have you checked all the plug-in sub-menus - the two 3rd Party plug-ins I have are hidden away there.

I trust you have downloaded the 64bit AU version of this plug-in and not any of the others?

Logic 10.7.1

Big Sur

I will have to hunt for the plug-in sub-menus cos I have not looked (and did not know to do so).

I am presuming it is the 64bit version because there was only one option.

Thank you :)