Why become a member? ×

Is this a bit of a bargain..?

Fastra

Just looking to try some different options and adding some beef to the bottom end (currently using a Gallien Kruger MBE 410 + Ashdown ABM 408), and have been looking at 212s, when I found this...

https://www.andertons.co.uk/tc-electronics-rebel-stack-rs212-2x12-bass-cab-991000002?LGWCODE=991000002;56375;6335&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4fHkBRDcARIsACV58_FkStF1mL7PavZwlhIS2pFJ6mGAkCg1pNqsN7o8YhfSGB1Fv0K7mLkaAk6FEALw_wcB

Seems a very good price!

According to the web, even £599 is in the price drop from £845 or something. 

£299 is a good price but I'd perhaps enquire why it's so cheap, by half of what the other sale prices are 🤔

I'd imagine it's a typo and if you purchased it, they wouldn't honour it and only refund it to adjust the price correctly.

Other RS variants are reduced too on their site, so looks pretty legit.
Bugger, was looking to spend £150 on a second hand GK 212 from ebay, but its VERY hard to overlook this deal now.
:D

Edited by Fastra

13 hours ago, oldslapper said:

I know! Some great deals on TC pedals I’ll need delivered to work 🤪

Haa, yes indeed - thank god for that extra address!!!
Plus the old... "What do you mean 'Is that new?' - shows how much attention you pay, I've had it for ages..!!!"

• Haha 1

...it's arrived then.
Bigger and heavier than I expected, yep I knew the specs, but its all good - very solid cab!
Not had chance to try it yet though.
Still can't get over the price, its £682 at PMT!!!!!
The only thing thats niggling me is the lack of feet on the side (or even underneath & not checked yet) - I was thinking of lying this horizontally under a 410, but don't really want to put it directly onto the floor.
May look into some sort of rubber feet things that I can place down under it first.

55857744_432023524197475_5710886840895012864_n.jpg

56347784_266268154327779_929001537793949696_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 10.08.06.png

Edited by Fastra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fastra said:

May look into some sort of rubber feet things that I can place down under it first.

Have a look at these - https://www.floormats.co.uk/safety-mats-playprotect.

Just got three - one for the bass rig and one each for the PA subs. Heavy, inert rubber. Work well and a fraction of the cost of Gramma pads and similar.

• Thanks 1

On 29/03/2019 at 08:30, Fastra said:

Haa, yes indeed - thank god for that extra address!!!
Plus the old... "What do you mean 'Is that new?' - shows how much attention you pay, I've had it for ages..!!!"

You can always fall back on the classic "It's not mine, Johnny bought it and doesn't want his wife to know...He'll be collecting it in a couple of weeks".

After that it's just down to stalling...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

So do you feel it needs feet?
I'm thinking that at soem places we play at the hard floors are quite uneven, and the cab woudl rock about if I laid it down flat
Plus, if it goes on top of my 410 that feet would stop it slidding off???