Why become a member? ×

Madness NYE

Lozz196

23 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Just looked up what bass he’s using, a Bass Centre Bruce Thomas Precision. Apparently made from basswood but there’s no lacking in his sound this eve, certainly giving me a rethink on basswood which up until now I’ve always thought a bit lacking. 

Nothing lacking in basswood instruments at all, certainly. And if there's anything lacking, it's not because of the wood.

Basswood, poplar, even pine... can sound great if they're build well. 

• Like 1

Jesus H Corbett, is this the best the Beeb can come up with rolling out this old tosh for the umpteenth time? 

Why not live in the 21st century and give modern proven talent a chance for the big night? It’s out there I’m sure, even if I’m not totally aware of what it is!

i don’t want to listen to an 80’s back catalogue of dross when looking forward to what the future has to offer in 2019 (So I didn’t).

20 hours ago, andytoad said:

Jesus H Corbett, is this the best the Beeb can come up with rolling out this old tosh for the umpteenth time? 

Why not live in the 21st century and give modern proven talent a chance for the big night? It’s out there I’m sure, even if I’m not totally aware of what it is!

i don’t want to listen to an 80’s back catalogue of dross when looking forward to what the future has to offer in 2019 (So I didn’t).

Yeah but they're cockneys - everybody loves 'em.

21 hours ago, andytoad said:

It would be interesting if anyone knew the process by which the production team/whatever for Jools Holland, chose the upcoming artists for appearance on the show. Presumably, they play it safe on NYE but on the other shows, there's an element of "talent spotting" out there.

Ooops wrong thread....hang on...

Edited by paul_c2