Jump to content
scrumpymike

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Well I have friends who run a B&B nearby and they are overdue a visit so I’ll drive down the day before and back the day after. So leisurely rather than heroic.

That's definitely the way to do it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to do my best to be there. It'll be my first bash if I make it. Be nice to put faces to some of the names. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PAT testing. Would anyone would like their amp and kettle lead PAT tested and labelled for £5, if so I will bring my tester to the Bash?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, basstone said:

PAT testing. Would anyone would like their amp and kettle lead PAT tested and labelled for £5, if so I will bring my tester to the Bash?

That’s a bloody good idea.  Not seen gig venues being so picky lately, but you never know.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pea Turgh said:

That’s a bloody good idea.  Not seen gig venues being so picky lately, but you never know.

+1

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking good for this! I'll be bringing most, if not all, of the stuff in my signature. I'll also bring my Orange valve tester - it can check most common valves except for rectifiers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JapanAxe said:

I'm looking good for this! I'll be bringing most, if not all, of the stuff in my signature. I'll also bring my Orange valve tester - it can check most common valves except for rectifiers.

Great news - signature stuff now listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shall bring my Bruce Thomas Profile bass because it's awesome. And a bass strung with those cheap flats we've discussed on these pages so people can try them in the flesh. Also the Behringer 150w mini monitor which folk have shown interest in. 

Actually while I'm at it the Bugera BV1001M excited a bit of interest on BC might bung that in too. So a cab too then, which one? TBC

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stewblack said:

I shall bring my Bruce Thomas Profile bass because it's awesome. And a bass strung with those cheap flats we've discussed on these pages so people can try them in the flesh. Also the Behringer 150w mini monitor which folk have shown interest in. 

Actually while I'm at it the Bugera BV1001M excited a bit of interest on BC might bung that in too. So a cab too then, which one? TBC

Thanks Stewie, duly listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should be bringing these...

Spector Q5 Pro, Retrovibe Zygote, Peavey International Series, Bitsa P-bass 

All for sale!

And whatever else I can jam in, just picked up an Ashdown CTM15 which is a fun little thing but I am struggling to fit any of my cabs in my stupid little car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BreadBin said:

I should be bringing these...

Spector Q5 Pro, Retrovibe Zygote, Peavey International Series, Bitsa P-bass 

All for sale!

And whatever else I can jam in, just picked up an Ashdown CTM15 which is a fun little thing but I am struggling to fit any of my cabs in my stupid little car.

Thanks BreadBin - all listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really like this to be my first bash, but the recent op means I can't drive, and possibly only barely play. I think it's a non-starter...

😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Telebass said:

I'd really like this to be my first bash, but the recent op means I can't drive, and possibly only barely play. I think it's a non-starter...

😭

Where are you based? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/02/2019 at 19:45, BreadBin said:

I should be bringing these...

Spector Q5 Pro, Retrovibe Zygote, Peavey International Series, Bitsa P-bass 

All for sale!

And whatever else I can jam in, just picked up an Ashdown CTM15 which is a fun little thing but I am struggling to fit any of my cabs in my stupid little car.

would be very welcome to plug the CTM15 into my Barefaced Vintage (4 ohm), would be interested in hearing it through a big cab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Telebass said:

I'd really like this to be my first bash, but the recent op means I can't drive, and possibly only barely play. I think it's a non-starter...

😭

It will be worth it for the fantastic food, let alone the company & the gear! I think we've had folks come up from Devon (Plymouth way iirc) before, maybe see if you can cadge a lift? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Norm said:

would be very welcome to plug the CTM15 into my Barefaced Vintage (4 ohm), would be interested in hearing it through a big cab?

That's a cracking idea mate 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to Basschat and would be my first bash, but as I'm based very nearby there's absolutely no excuse... if it's still possible to come.  Do we have a rough idea of timings, and how to we pay (sorry if I've missed those details)..

Mart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, maybemart said:

New to Basschat and would be my first bash, but as I'm based very nearby there's absolutely no excuse... if it's still possible to come.  Do we have a rough idea of timings, and how to we pay (sorry if I've missed those details)..

Mart

Hi Mart, good to hear that you're coming - you won't be disappointed!!  Kick-off is 10am but we'll be in the hall from 8-ish so no problem if you arrive early.  Just pay your tenner on the door and claim some table-top space if you're bringing stuff.  Official finish time is 4pm but, again, that's completely flexible as we have the hall all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Hi Mart, good to hear that you're coming - you won't be disappointed!!  Kick-off is 10am but we'll be in the hall from 8-ish so no problem if you arrive early.  Just pay your tenner on the door and claim some table-top space if you're bringing stuff.  Official finish time is 4pm but, again, that's completely flexible as we have the hall all day.

Thanks for that, look forward to it.  If I feel brave enough I'll bring along my Esh fretless...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maybemart said:

Thanks for that, look forward to it.  If I feel brave enough I'll bring along my Esh fretless...

Bring it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend this year. I need to visit my family in Ireland and this s the only weekend that fits in with gigs and school holidays.   I know the bass bash is a once a year thing, but I only visit my family once a year, so belive me when i say it was a tough decision....

Take lots of photos everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheRev said:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend this year. I need to visit my family in Ireland and this s the only weekend that fits in with gigs and school holidays.   I know the bass bash is a once a year thing, but I only visit my family once a year, so belive me when i say it was a tough decision....

Take lots of photos everyone!

We'll miss you ☹️, but at least your family won't  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...