Why become a member? ×

Public and personal Thank You!

The Burpster

Now I am happy that we have reached an agreeable and sensible resolution to the recovery of Reuel's (IncX) Vampyre I would like to make a few points and thank a few people.

This weekend I will write a full account of what we were faced with and how it was dealt with, although this wont have all the investigative narrative in it as I dont want it to be a "this is how we did it" breifing for someone else to figure a way of getting 'round it. It will however be titled "Read this if your thinking of ripping someone off" and will be a sticky in the For Sale section.

To this end I will be deleting both the threads contents, except the OP as there was some investigative work still in there and some pretty strong emotional posts that will I'm sure be replicated in the very near future in other threads. This course of action has been agreed by all the principal participants of this affair.

So to the Thanks:-

[b]Reuel[/b] (IncX)- has been a true gentleman throughout this. He has listened to and taken advice, and has gone well out of his way to assist in helping. He has remained sensible and non-vindictive and from his reactions is a pretty happy bunny this evening.

[b]Rob [/b](Shockwave) - Had no real reason to be involved in this at all but has practiaclly done it all, we have been working together on this from about post No5 of the first complaint. I have been gobsmacked at his fortitude and doggedness in persuing threads of investigation, and of anyone, he has blown me away with his controlled sense of justice.

[b]Steve Norris[/b] - for putting himself out to act as neutral and non judgemental courier.

[b]Crazykiwi[/b] - for allowing us to get on with it and sort this with the minimum of pain.

And the following for parts they have played quietly behind the scenes (in no particular order)

Warwickhunt

Greg, Gman and Florin (from the Warwick forum).

Alexclaber

Boo

Waynepunkdude

DocB

I'd like to thank Jake for coming forward and taking it on the chin. He could've made this alot worse than in reality it has been. I know there are those amongst you that have judged him, however it does take some courage to come forward and admit your are wrong... EVEN when backed into a corner.

Belive me this could have been a lot messier for those involved than it has been.

I'd also like to thank the rest of BC for being patient with us and whilst maybe not even agreeing with some of our actions, at least allowing to get on with it.

Damn f*cking +1 A+ to everyone involved, my belief in human nature is not good in general, but you lot have done a lot to restore it (at least partially)! It's very cool seeing people band together to get something wrong, righted.
You should all feel very proud of yourselves, that's f*cking cool.

Yep, I've been following this and its amazing how you've managed to pull together a successful result. Well done all round.

Now, I had a shiny new Rickenbacker 360 guitar stolen 24 or so years ago...I know who did it....new mission for Super Rob??!!! :-)

[quote name='Waldo' post='340292' date='Nov 29 2008, 09:15 AM']So is Jake getting banned from here or what? Now that the situation has been resolved, you say.[/quote]
:huh:

What you are supposed to say is..
'Now i have had my say, i suggest we lock this post RIGHT NOW' :)

I Must say this has been great reading the last few days whatever side of the fence you sit.
And congrats to the people who sorted it.

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' post='340355' date='Nov 29 2008, 10:58 AM']:huh:

What you are supposed to say is..
'Now i have had my say, i suggest we lock this post RIGHT NOW' :)[/quote]

What was the wording used by someone else here about having something to hide? :huh:

Heh, well it's just that this is an issue that was raised and there hasn't been any resolution to that as of yet. I got the impression that the powers that be were/are waiting to see how the whole affair pans out in the end before deciding anything.

Edited by Waldo

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='340347' date='Nov 29 2008, 10:51 AM']It's always tricky to pat yourself on the back (metaphorically and physically) but don't leave yourself out of the role call Bob. :)[/quote]

John,

Noted, but having a done a thankless job for 25yrs, i) I'm used to it, and ii) I dont expect it...

So very few people get any thanks for doing their job these days!

It just gives me a warm glow to know I have done something good and worthwhile...

G'day guys,
I'd forgotten I've been a memer here since June 07.I think I remember being a member of the forum that preceeded this one,& when that closed,my account was transfered to this one.Does that sound right?Anyway,not to worry,I'm here now.
I just wanted to let all you guys know how grateful I am for the magnificent support this forum has shown in helping bring something I've personally been working on,for the past 6 months,to an end.More than once,Reuel has all but given up & written off the 3 grand that Jake tried to steal off him.To cut a long story short,Reuel & I both expected new basses in the same week,back in June.We were like 2 pregnant chicks,waiting for our babies & were rather clucky about it.I'd managed to sell a Thumb NT5 bass I'd been trying to sell for over 18 months,& put that money towards a new Streamer stage 2 in 4 string.As much as I loved the Thumb's tone,I couldnt come to love the 5 string configuration,& was dying to get back to playing 4 strings.My Streamer was due the same week as Reuel's Vampyre,which I almost bought from the guy that sold it to Jake in the first place.But shipping made the sale unrealistic.Sp Reuel paid Jake,who went away on holidays,without mentioning it,& Reuel emailed me in a panic,so I told him to withdraw the money,which he did.Then Jake emailed me asking me to mediate with Reuel & get him to re-deposit the money,which he did,& the rest is history.We've been kicking ourselves ever since.
I just wanted to let all of you know,you're all more than welcome to drop by our forum anytime.I know we're Warwick freaks,baseball bat necks,neck dive up the back passage & over priced to buggery.But we're also bass brothers & we mean well. :huh:
Thanks to Shockwave,Warwickhunt,Ped,Steve Norris & everyone else that has donated money to go towards shipping & the import tax Reuel might get hit with.This speaks volumes about your characters.I dont hold out any hope of seeing any money from Jake,but I'm bloody glad that this has finally come to an end. :)

[quote name='MythSte' post='340897' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:05 AM']Greg, I think i can speak on everyones behalf saying its nice to have the warwick guys on the BC friendlist!

We need to make a pact with finnbass and take down TB. We will fight them on the fretboards![/quote]
+1

Especially to building some bridges with Finnbass.. I think taking on TB might be an 11-stringed ERB too far...