Why become a member? ×

Reuel's bass travel plan. (Shipping has now been paid for!)

Shockwave

[quote name='coasterbass' post='339252' date='Nov 28 2008, 09:07 AM']I really hope you like it after all this!! :) I think you should be forced to hold on to this bass forever+1 day.... no trading it in for a Precision or SX next year :huh:[/quote]

*lol*

ok, i have to be honest... whats the buzz with SX basses? i keep on reading about them in talkbass, but i do not know whats the hype with it.

-*-

as for noises... you really can count me on that... here's a clip of my band:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOnBhw4yQ2s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOnBhw4yQ2s[/url]

[quote name='misrule' post='339147' date='Nov 28 2008, 01:36 AM']The counter doesn't start working until it hits around ten or so.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

nothing to do with it. The amount of views a thread has is only refreshed every hour or so, so it will read no views until an hour has passed.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='339315' date='Nov 28 2008, 10:16 AM']nothing to do with it. The amount of views a thread has is only refreshed every hour or so, so it will read no views until an hour has passed.[/quote]
I meant that the counter only registers once ten or so people have posted. Or so it seems to me. :)

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='IncX' post='339300' date='Nov 28 2008, 09:59 AM']as for noises... you really can count me on that... here's a clip of my band:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOnBhw4yQ2s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOnBhw4yQ2s[/url][/quote]

Ouch! Won't someone think of the children!!!? :)

I've avoided putting my pennyworth in thus far, so as not to make moral judgements - although I was within a whisker of being scammed for a Wal Mk 1 Custom on ebay a couple of years back and well annoyed about it. But having met and traded with Rob twice, I can say that the integrity and compassion for fellow bassists he's shown here comes as no surprise to me.
Nice one man! :)

NB; I'm sure there's material for an episode of "Spooks" here - just need to find a Russian angle somehow.......... :huh:

Edited by Shaggy

[quote name='Shaggy' post='339389' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:05 AM']I've avoided putting my pennyworth in thus far, so as not to make moral judgements - although I was within a whisker of being scammed for a Wal Mk 1 Custom on ebay a couple of years back and well annoyed about it. But having met and traded with Rob twice, I can say that the integrity and compassion for fellow bassists he's shown here comes as no surprise to me.

NB; I'm sure there's material for an episode of "Spooks" here - just need to find a Russian angle somehow.......... :huh:[/quote]

how did your Wal MK1 Custom experience end?

[quote name='Shaggy' post='339389' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:05 AM']I've avoided putting my pennyworth in thus far, so as not to make moral judgements - although I was within a whisker of being scammed for a Wal Mk 1 Custom on ebay a couple of years back and well annoyed about it. But having met and traded with Rob twice, I can say that the integrity and compassion for fellow bassists he's shown here comes as no surprise to me.

NB; I'm sure there's material for an episode of "Spooks" here - just need to find a Russian angle somehow.......... :huh:[/quote]

Waste of time... with no Connie how is it going to work?

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='339725' date='Nov 28 2008, 03:32 PM']Remember that you are never allowed to sell this bass - ever!! :)[/quote]

*lol*

that goes without saying

in a way, this bass really feels like a custom bass because of the experience that went behind it

[b]THE SHIPPING FUND. [/b]

paypal address is [email protected]

Donate as much as you like, Shipping is likely to cost over 100 quid.

[quote]Hi all,

Well I'm ecstatic that Reule's bass is now in friendly hands! I'm hoping to arrange with Steve to pick it up asap and get it off to it's rightful owner.

So....contributions gladly accepted!

Paypal payments to: [email protected]

Any amount will be gratefully received - so please donate however much you feel. I'm guessing the shipping will be well over £100, but I'll know better once I have accurate dimensions and weight.

Thanks for your support - bassplayers are the BEST! Very Happy

Giles[/quote]

Donated a tenner myself! :huh: All i can spare (Just a poor student :) )

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Shockwave' post='339761' date='Nov 28 2008, 03:54 PM'][b]THE SHIPPING FUND. [/b]

Donate as much as you like, Shipping is likely to cost over 100 quid.[/quote]

Er. Did I miss something? Why isn't Jake paying for the shipping?

If I sell someone a bass can I have a whip-round for whatever associated costs I don't feel like paying?