Why become a member? ×

Reuel's bass travel plan. (Shipping has now been paid for!)

Shockwave

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='340097' date='Nov 28 2008, 10:02 PM']From what I can gather he hasn't made any mention of paying to ship the bass, now or in the future. If he does, I'll let the forum decide which one of my hats I should eat.[/quote]

i realise that, but i'm saying to make things fair he should pay it back, then we can all drop it.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='340127' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:14 PM']Is that definitely the case though? Was he deleting old posts? Or were people misinterpreting the fact that when you try to access users' posts through their user profiles they only go back a few weeks?[/quote]
Yes that is the case as we witnessed his posts disappearing from threads and his starter posts in threads losing all content before our eyes.

So let me get this straight.

The over sensitive, prissy types in this forum got outraged over BBC's somewhat close to the mark posts, and effectively started a campaign to have him banned and succeeded.

So now, a member steals a large ammount of money from someone half way across the world, thinking that he can get away with it and then decides to rectify the situation four months later after trying to cover his tracks, only because he had no choice but to do so. The forum response is to forgive him, blame it on his young foolishness, feel sorry for his 'problems' (which you don't even know exist, happy to take his word on that are you?), say that he shouldn't be banned from here, oh and pay the sizeable shipping costs to get the bass to its original owner for him.

Right then.

[quote name='Waldo' post='340148' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:43 PM']So let me get this straight.

The over sensitive, prissy types in this forum got outraged over BBC's somewhat close to the mark posts, and effectively started a campaign to have him banned and succeeded.

So now, a member steals a large ammount of money from someone half way across the world, thinking that he can get away with it and then decides to rectify the situation four months later after trying to cover his tracks, only because he had no choice but to do so. The forum response is to forgive him, blame it on his young foolishness, feel sorry for his 'problems' (which you don't even know exist, happy to take his word on that are you?), say that he shouldn't be banned from here, oh and pay the sizeable shipping costs to get the bass to its original owner for him.

Right then.[/quote]

Admittedly, I have to agree with this point. Well played sir.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='340087' date='Nov 28 2008, 09:47 PM']id say we forgive jake. he should pay back the fund and then it should be done. i'm not saying forget the matter, i know this is gonna be in my mind whenever i buy from now on, we should all learn from this, and i know i'm not gonna trust jake again soon. but lets not be too hard on the guy, everyone does bad things (im not going to be foolish enough to call it a mistake, he knew what he was doing) sometimes, and provided IncX doesn't want to press charges or anything i for one am happy to let it drop.[/quote]
Its people with attitudes like yours that let murders and paedophiles roam free on our streets after a so called 'life' sentance.

Attempting to steal that amount of money is not acceptable or forgiveable under any circumstance

and yes, of course by me voicing my opinion loudly i am 'hiding something'. Get a grip and wake up to reality guys, people like this are scum, they have the mentality of a thief, have no respect for fellow man, and will not change. And for people saying he will pay back the delivery charge? you must be joking,and i hope him failing to pay the shipping charge will open the eyes of some people on here. However of course if he does turn up with the £200 or so, then il happily withdraw that comment, but it will not change the undying fact that he is a thief.

[quote name='Waldo' post='340148' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:43 PM']So let me get this straight.

Right then.[/quote]
its shocking, isn't it?

100% agreed

I think all views make a world but I don't like being castigated - which is what the apologists are effectively doing generically to everyone of my mindset (eg, the laughable "shouts loudest" comment) - for thinking that Jake was just a common thief who got caught out. Other than the "apology" post (which probably most of us doubt the sincerity of) there is not a single shred of evidence that he isn't just ass-covering as he got caught and is sh*t scared of jail/criminal record etc rather than genuinely remorseful and a victim of circumstances. I contributed to the shipping fund cos I didn't want to see a fellow bassist (Reueul) shafted.

And BigBeefChief is a legend - sure he sails close to the wind but he's damn entertaining and I wish I was as uninhibited as him ... plus he he has a cool beret

Edited by Clarky

The over sensitive, prissy types in this forum got outraged over BBC's somewhat close to the mark posts, and effectively started a campaign to have him banned and succeeded.[/quote]

I don't think the site admins are prone to being influenced by mob rule.

[quote name='Hamster' post='340160' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:59 PM']I don't think the site admins are prone to being influenced by mob rule.[/quote]
but you understand his point?

as far as i know, mods respond to complaints and reported posts.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='340162' date='Nov 29 2008, 12:06 AM']but you understand his point?

as far as i know, mods respond to complaints and reported posts.[/quote]

The key word in what I said was 'effectively'. My point seemed to be missed anyway.

Edited by Waldo

Right then.[/quote]

Sums up my feelings pretty well too...and as for Burpsters comment vis a vis having something to hide : :huh: it's not worth qualifying by trying to defend myself or the others who see this saga for what it is. There seem to be lot of people here that live in some fairy tale land where the sky is always blue and everything smells of roses :)

Edited by thebeat

[quote name='Hamster' post='340169' date='Nov 29 2008, 12:14 AM'][b]I do, but imho the point is built around a faulty premise.[/b] Let's not stray too far off topic shall we?[/quote]
read his post again, and explain that one for me

[quote name='Toadonroll' post='339952' date='Nov 28 2008, 06:10 PM']i.e. Give Jake a break![/quote]
That could have been better phrased, as the obvious answer is "which arm?". Oh bugger, by saying something, I have made it obvious that I have something to hide. Or summat.

[quote name='Hamster' post='340169' date='Nov 29 2008, 12:14 AM']I do, but imho the point is built around a faulty premise. Let's not stray too far off topic shall we?[/quote]

I was pointing out the double standard of people getting outraged over some 'risque' posting and filing complaints which resulted in a member getting banned, and people not really having that much of a problem with and even excusing the actions of a theif.

My suggestion of a 'campaign' to get him banned was probably a bit extreme, apologies, but I think my point still stands.

Edited by Waldo

[quote name='tauzero' post='340173' date='Nov 29 2008, 12:17 AM']That could have been better phrased, as the obvious answer is "which arm?". Oh bugger, by saying something, I have made it obvious that I have something to hide. Or summat.[/quote]
dude its obvious, we all must be planning the big basschat bass bash robbery, you have all been warned....

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='340153' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:50 PM']Its people with attitudes like yours that let murders and paedophiles roam free on our streets after a so called 'life' sentance.

Attempting to steal that amount of money is not acceptable or forgiveable under any circumstance

and yes, of course by me voicing my opinion loudly i am 'hiding something'. Get a grip and wake up to reality guys, people like this are scum, they have the mentality of a thief, have no respect for fellow man, and will not change. And for people saying he will pay back the delivery charge? you must be joking,and i hope him failing to pay the shipping charge will open the eyes of some people on here. However of course if he does turn up with the £200 or so, then il happily withdraw that comment, but it will not change the undying fact that he is a thief.[/quote]

As Peter so aptly put it in another thread, you can't judge a persons worth based on their actions. To be honest I find your inability to consider forgiveness under any circumstances disturbing.

As for my feelings towards the guy - I don't have any. Why? I've never met him, don't know him, or anything about him besides what I've read on the internet. I won't be buying any basses off him, but I'm in no position to judge.

[quote name='Wil' post='340178' date='Nov 29 2008, 12:24 AM']As Peter so aptly put it in another thread, you can't judge a persons worth based on their actions. [b]To be honest I find your inability to consider forgiveness under any circumstances disturbing.[/b]

As for my feelings towards the guy - I don't have any. Why? I've never met him, don't know him, or anything about him besides what I've read on the internet. I won't be buying any basses off him, but I'm in no position to judge.[/quote]

I should add this bit is best read in Darth Vaders voice.

[quote name='Wil' post='340178' date='Nov 29 2008, 12:24 AM']As Peter so aptly put it in another thread, [b]you can't judge a persons worth based on their actions[/b]. To be honest I find your inability to consider forgiveness under any circumstances disturbing.

As for my feelings towards the guy - I don't have any. Why? I've never met him, don't know him, or anything about him besides what I've read on the internet. I won't be buying any basses off him, but I'm in no position to judge.[/quote]
and that should best be said in Mickey Mouse's voice

[quote name='Wil' post='340178' date='Nov 29 2008, 12:24 AM']As Peter so aptly put it in another thread, you can't judge a persons worth based on their actions.[/quote]

Ermmm...how else are you supposed to judge someone?...that's like saying that Pol Pot shouldn't be judged too harshly just because he killed so many Cambodians....seems to an awful lot of psuedo philosophers here with very little grounding in reality...wish i was as cuddly and nice as all you nice guys.