Why become a member? ×

ebay bargains,

markytbass

A near miss for me... [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180305668863&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=008[/url]

In the end I didn't bid, so admittedly the final price may have been higher but £200 for a 12 string Hamer is pretty damn cheap. Had it been the TP model I'd have been all over it.

I bought a £20 Seiko tuner for £2.28 a few weeks ago - the auction finished in the early hours of the morning and so there was no last minute bidding. A also recently got a brand new quality boom mike stand for £14.50 delivered.

Prices are not as depressed as I would expect them to be given the downturn. I recently sold a hifi preamp for £150 that I paid £40 for two years ago. Go figure. The best bargains are still the 'local pickup only' ones. And if you're selling, you get a much better price if you are willing to ship outside the UK. My preamp went to Spain, for example, and was bid up by someone from Italy.

Edited by stevie

[quote name='ahpook' post='334665' date='Nov 22 2008, 11:53 PM']i got a brown (late 80's ?) boss GE-7B last week for £31...almost mint condition.

great little unit - used it today at practise.[/quote]

They're great :) Mine is falling apart after many years use - I prefer the EQ bands to the newer ones.

Cheers
Alun

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='334718' date='Nov 23 2008, 09:02 AM']A near miss for me... [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180305668863&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=008[/url]

In the end I didn't bid, so admittedly the final price may have been higher but £200 for a 12 string Hamer is pretty damn cheap. Had it been the TP model I'd have been all over it.[/quote]

I was sitting there hovering over that when it finished. We play I Want You to Want Me and I love Pearl Jam so it was a close call. There was just something a bit scummy looking about it all though.

Bought my missus a new laptop for £62.50 inc post.
2.2ghz celeron, 512mb ram and 60gig hard drive. All it needed was a new kettle lead for the charger and a cdrw drive (£3.19 posted, ebay again!).

Replaces her old 1.2ghz lappy which was £52.50 posted, off ebay!

Best bargain i saw in recent months bass-wise was a short scale encore in good nick, went for £9 as it was pick up only in sheffield. Don't suppose many o them steel workers have much use for a shorty bass......................

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='budget bassist' post='335021' date='Nov 23 2008, 05:40 PM']I got a 75W solid state randall guitar amp the other day for £65 + £25 postage, not a bad price for a used one considering they're £225 new. Even better due to the fact that it was ex shop display and practically new! :)[/quote]

Unfortuantly you now have a Randal :huh: :huh: :huh:

I got some new (old) JapCrap a couple of weeks back - it was sitting at £25 or so, with 2 hours left, I put on a suitably satanic top bid of £66.66 and cleared off to a gig - with absolutely no expectation of winning it!

When I came back I'd got a Kawai Sleekline for £64. :)

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='338328' date='Nov 27 2008, 12:48 PM']I got some new (old) JapCrap a couple of weeks back - it was sitting at £25 or so, with 2 hours left, I put on a suitably satanic top bid of £66.66 and cleared off to a gig - with absolutely no expectation of winning it!

When I came back I'd got a Kawai Sleekline for £64. :)

Jon.[/quote]
Haha how lucky was that? :huh: